Windows 10: How do you assign a specific screen location for an app that runs automatically at startup...

Discus and support How do you assign a specific screen location for an app that runs automatically at startup... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a few apps that I have set up to automatically start when logging into Win10. I would like them to open tiled a specific way. Two of the three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by trodman, Jun 12, 2021.

1. trodman Win User

How do you assign a specific screen location for an app that runs automatically at startup...

I have a few apps that I have set up to automatically start when logging into Win10. I would like them to open tiled a specific way. Two of the three will do that on startup where I have set them. One of them opens behind the other two. Is there a way to specify the origin point of an app window on startup in windows?This is for a computer that several people are using for streaming events and I am trying to make the experience as dummy proof as possible.Thanks for any thoughts or help on this!

:)

trodman, Jun 12, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 12, 2021
  3. How to run Edge automatically at startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to run Microsoft Edge automatically after the boot. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• PressWindows key + R from Desktop.
    • Type shell:startup and press
      ok.
    • The Startup folder for the logged in user account will now appear.
    • Drag and drop the programs that you wish to run automatically at boot add their shortcuts to the Startup.
    • Restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 12, 2021
  4. jbunch07 Win User

How do you assign a specific screen location for an app that runs automatically at startup...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How do you assign a specific screen location for an app that runs automatically at startup... :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. How do you assign a specific screen location for an app that runs automatically at startup... - Similar Threads - assign specific screen

2. How to stop a script that's running automatically on every startup. I'm unable to locate it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop a script that's running automatically on every startup. I'm unable to locate it.: Hello community, I'd be really glad if someone helped me out with this.Every time I turn on my computer, a PowerShell window pops up. Now the first time this happened, it happened within the blink of an eye, So i researched it a bit and found out that it was a virus as per...
  3. How to stop a script that's running automatically on every startup. I'm unable to locate it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop a script that's running automatically on every startup. I'm unable to locate it.: Hello community, I'd be really glad if someone helped me out with this.Every time I turn on my computer, a PowerShell window pops up. Now the first time this happened, it happened within the blink of an eye, So i researched it a bit and found out that it was a virus as per...
  4. How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?: This is the current state, I want the number 2 to be number 1. Let me clarify however:- I am NOT looking to swap positions of monitors/ dragging them around, this is their correct configuration- I am NOT looking to change the main display I simply want the assigned number to...
  5. How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?: This is the current state, I want the number 2 to be number 1. Let me clarify however:- I am NOT looking to swap positions of monitors/ dragging them around, this is their correct configuration- I am NOT looking to change the main display I simply want the assigned number to...
  6. How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Automatically startup apps on specific monitor in multi-monitor setup

Automatically startup apps on specific monitor in multi-monitor setup: I have a multi monitor setup and want a few apps to automatically show up on a specific monitor at startup. Any ideas how I can set this up?...
  8. How to run a program automatically in background at startup?

How to run a program automatically in background at startup?: I want to run a software that I had installed for my headphone but I don't want to open it again and again whenever I open my computer. So please suggest me some ideas. Note:- I want to run the software in background...
  9. Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?: When using multidesktop, I can assign Microsoft Word to desktop #2. But then if I scroll to desktop #3, and if I open another Microsoft Word document, it will place it into desktop #3. I am curious if it is possible to limit certain apps to certain desktops. submitted by...
  10. locate a specific app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    locate a specific app: I can not arrange apps where I can find to one I want. Can they be arranged alphabetically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-a-specific-app/4132a94b-e728-41d7-9f86-860ccd7baa42