Windows 10: How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge

Discus and support How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When you open a new tab, either by clicking with the middle mouse button, CTRL + clicking the link or right-clicking link > Open in New Tab, how do you... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ARC1020, Jul 28, 2015.

1. ARC1020 Win User

How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge

When you open a new tab, either by clicking with the middle mouse button, CTRL + clicking the link or right-clicking link > Open in New Tab, how do you automatically switch to that new tab when you do this, like you could in Internet Explorer?

How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge [​IMG]

:)

ARC1020, Jul 28, 2015
  2. zemaitis Win User

New tabs in Microsoft Edge

Crickets. Still no resolution and very disappointed with EDGE. If you say "open in a new tab", then go and do just that. Please add "Always switch to new tabs when they are created" as a setting, as it is currently in IE.

zemaitis, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Edge infected with ransom ware virus

Would you mind explain a bit more about this Virus?

Does it opens the Microsoft Edge automatically?

When you see it, open Feedback Hub and report this issue.

Open Microsoft Edge and open new tab and close other tabs.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Mystere, Jul 28, 2015
  5. RMB
    RMB Win User
    That reference doesn't come up with an answer (either). I've (also) found nothing to duplicate that desired behavior in Edge!

6. Mystere Win User
    I didnt' say it did. I was saying that there is already a thread for this issue, so why not use that instead.

Mystere, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Strat79 Win User
    The only workaround I have found is by holding "Control + Shift" and click the link. Doesn't matter if it is middle mouse click or standard left click as long as "CNTL+SHIFT" is held in. It sucks but a temp fix till they fix it for good.

Strat79, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge - Similar Threads - Automatically Switch Tab

2. How do you substitute "open in new window" with "open in new tab" by default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you substitute "open in new window" with "open in new tab" by default?: Working in Windows 11 with the default settings, double-clicking around in the current Windows Explorer window will keep opening whichever folder you choose in the current window, which is totally fine. Interacting with other programs such as a web browser, and choosing to...
  3. How do you substitute "open in new window" with "open in new tab" by default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you substitute "open in new window" with "open in new tab" by default?: Working in Windows 11 with the default settings, double-clicking around in the current Windows Explorer window will keep opening whichever folder you choose in the current window, which is totally fine. Interacting with other programs such as a web browser, and choosing to...
  4. Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?: When I opened Edge in incognito mode just now, it loaded a new tab with the Microsoft Edge at Microsoft website. But I can't find the link now and I didn't let the website load fully. I just noticed that Edge updated earlier. So, I'm wondering if that's the case. submitted...
  5. how do I make new tabs automatically open as new windows?

how do I make new tabs automatically open as new windows?: im using microsoft edge browser,is this possible? submitted by /u/Trihardcel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kj9ju3/how_do_i_make_new_tabs_automatically_open_as_new/
  6. New tabs open automaticly

New tabs open automaticly: This started a few days ago. Is it just me or does new tabs open almost whenever you do something, as long as it's been a while since you do anything on it. Sometimes it's just google.com others its someone that mcafee blocks. Or is it just that i have a bug now? submitted...
  7. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  8. How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser: [ATTACH]When you open a new tab in the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium), it offers a rather personalized experience. You get to see an image of […] This article How to open a Blank Tab or Page when you launch Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. switch to new tab when opened in edge

in Browsers and Email
    switch to new tab when opened in edge: How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How? 34640
  10. Does Edge have a setting to switch to New Tab when opened?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Edge have a setting to switch to New Tab when opened?: This question is more to confirm I haven't overlooked anything. I've been looking through the settings for the option to switch to the new tab when opened. This feature exists in IE and Chrome has an extension for it, but I'm not seeing it in Edge. So have I missed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatically open new tab in edge

2. automatically switch to new tab in edge

3. edge switch to new tab

4. microsoft edge switch to new tab when opened,
  5. switch to new tab edge,
  6. open new windows in new tab edge,
  7. automatically go to new tab in edge,
  8. edge open in new tab switch,
  9. edge open in new tab,
  10. edge browser switch to open tab,
  11. microsoft edge automatically switch to new tab,