Windows 10: How do you block websites in Microsoft Edge?

Discus and support How do you block websites in Microsoft Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone know how to block a specific website? I have tried Internet Options and the hosts file with no luck. 140959 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hemimax, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Hemimax Win User

How do you block websites in Microsoft Edge?

Anyone know how to block a specific website? I have tried Internet Options and the hosts file with no luck.

:)

Hemimax, Sep 24, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge audio issue with a website (and perhaps others?)

Thanks for the suggestion Melowin. I followed the steps but unfortunately this did not resolve the audio issue for the website Learn English Pronunciation | How To Pronounce Words. Still no audio.

In contrast the website https://www.howtopronounce.com/ I mentioned in my original posting was not impacted by this change either.

Kevin Kramer, Sep 24, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. How do you block websites in Microsoft Edge? - Similar Threads - block websites Microsoft

2. how to block a website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to block a website: using the command prompt doesn't help it goes to a black screen with line items and does not accept the command run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-a-website/42459509-03d0-469c-90f4-5c7538e57e5d
  3. how to block a website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to block a website: using the command prompt doesn't help it goes to a black screen with line items and does not accept the command run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-a-website/42459509-03d0-469c-90f4-5c7538e57e5d
  4. Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work: Microsoft Edge supposedly gives the ability to block news websites in its main window where you can scroll through topics it has chosen for you to view. Each frame has the 3-dots icon, which you can select and see "Hide stories from <some_news_site>". I have done this...
  5. Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking specific websites in Microsoft Edge does not work: Microsoft Edge supposedly gives the ability to block news websites in its main window where you can scroll through topics it has chosen for you to view. Each frame has the 3-dots icon, which you can select and see "Hide stories from <some_news_site>". I have done this...
  6. Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website: I am using Windows 10 home version. I find it is difficult to block installing edge extension in edge browser and my child can easily access any website they wish. I seek the internet and find a way to edit registry by adding Extensions registry string 0. But it does not...
  7. How do i block a website ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i block a website ?: I've tried the notepad method but the the host file doesn't show up, is there an alternative? Please help! submitted by /u/--PlusUltra-- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fdhz4i/how_do_i_block_a_website/
  8. how to block websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to block websites: How do I block websites giving unwanted pop ups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-websites/8b2ed814-5423-40bc-b846-6399ce363e74
  9. HOW DO I BLOCK WEBSITES

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW DO I BLOCK WEBSITES: Hello can anyone please tell me how to block gambling websites I would like my partner to stop playing bingo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-websites/c4d30f13-5e57-4eb3-9b58-f649b6546cc6"
  10. How to Block Websites

in Browsers and Email
    How to Block Websites: I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps. How to block websites | PCWorld Here...