Windows 10: How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk?

Discus and support How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My sons girlfriends laptop came up with this problem yesterday... 0xc000000f: Error attempting to read the boot configuration data She has no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by milford, Jun 30, 2020.

1. milford Win User

How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk?

My sons girlfriends laptop came up with this problem yesterday...

0xc000000f: Error attempting to read the boot configuration data

She has no Windows 10 installation Disk. The web page shows prior Windows had a Utility that could be downloaded to fix this problem. Is there anything that can be done for Windows 10?

Nothing was changed on her laptop.

:)

milford, Jun 30, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

Here's what I suggest you to do:
    1. From Windows 7, download & Install Macrium Reflect Free. Connect one of your new 500GB HD and clone your current Windows 7 to it. Follow step 1,2,3 from the screen shot:

How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk? [​IMG]

1. Disconnect your current Windows 7 then boot up with the new cloned copy of Windows 7
    2. Upgrade it to Windows 10 so it will be fully activated.
    3. If you decide to keep Windows 10 then do a fresh install of Windows 10. If not, disconnect the 500GB HD containing Windows 10 then re-connect your Windows 7
    4. You are back to where it was before.

topgundcp, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 30, 2020
  4. How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk?

1. How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk? - Similar Threads - BOOT without installation

2. How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...: Good day. I tried updating my laptop and suddenly it started jamming and then it turned itself off. When I tried turning it on it said "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk ". I was advised that I should replace my SSD with a new one and...
  3. How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you install an operating system on a hard disk on a laptop that says "Boot device...: Good day. I tried updating my laptop and suddenly it started jamming and then it turned itself off. When I tried turning it on it said "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk ". I was advised that I should replace my SSD with a new one and...
  4. How to install windows without dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install windows without dual boot: Hello, i have 2 m.2 ssd's that i want to install windows on however it seems that if i try to install a second instance of windows on the second one it automatically enables the windows dual boot stuff. For my practice i have to make sure this doesnt happen and so far the...
  5. How to install windows without dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows without dual boot: Hello, i have 2 m.2 ssd's that i want to install windows on however it seems that if i try to install a second instance of windows on the second one it automatically enables the windows dual boot stuff. For my practice i have to make sure this doesnt happen and so far the...
  6. How to install windows without dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do you boot subnautica without it running in VR?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do you boot subnautica without it running in VR?: I have spent the last hour or so trying my hardest to find out how to boot it in desktop mode but I have made no progress. I can't figure out how to contact the support because it just throws me into a loop of links. I can't even find the folder that it is installed in so I...
  8. Windows 10 fresh installation doesn't boot without the windows USB installer disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh installation doesn't boot without the windows USB installer disk: I have 4 disk, 2 nvme and 2 SSD in my system. Recently i formatted all the disks and installed the OS on a nvme disk. The problem is that while the system perfectly work when the installation USB key is connected, if i disconnect it the system doesn't boot. It's possible...
  9. How do you shutdown windows 10 without installing updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you shutdown windows 10 without installing updates?: Is there a way to shutdown windows 10 without installing updates? I know previous versions of Windows had command line or registry tricks that helped with this. Note the version of Windows 10 I am using is the normal version you get with the free upgrade. 34355
  10. How do you get to disk management?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you get to disk management?: I just installed Win 10. First impression is that I'm not impressed with the new design. I think mobile devices are ruining the internet. How do I get to disk management? Is it similar to Win 7? Also, how do I get to Services and Event Viewer? 27923