Windows 10: How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk?

Discus and support How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My sons girlfriends laptop came up with this problem yesterday... 0xc000000f: Error attempting to read the boot configuration data She has no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by milford, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:48 PM.

1. milford Win User

How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk?

My sons girlfriends laptop came up with this problem yesterday...

0xc000000f: Error attempting to read the boot configuration data

She has no Windows 10 installation Disk. The web page shows prior Windows had a Utility that could be downloaded to fix this problem. Is there anything that can be done for Windows 10?

Nothing was changed on her laptop.

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

Here's what I suggest you to do:
    1. From Windows 7, download & Install Macrium Reflect Free. Connect one of your new 500GB HD and clone your current Windows 7 to it. Follow step 1,2,3 from the screen shot:

How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk? [​IMG]

1. Disconnect your current Windows 7 then boot up with the new cloned copy of Windows 7
    2. Upgrade it to Windows 10 so it will be fully activated.
    3. If you decide to keep Windows 10 then do a fresh install of Windows 10. If not, disconnect the 500GB HD containing Windows 10 then re-connect your Windows 7
    4. You are back to where it was before.

3. Delta6326 Win User
  4. How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:55 PM
Thema:

How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk?

1. How do you BOOT into Windows 10 without an installation disk? - Similar Threads - BOOT without installation

2. How do you manually install Windows Terminal ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you manually install Windows Terminal ?: I tried but windows is so different from Linux that it’s so confusing and difficult https://github.com/microsoft/terminal submitted by /u/darktemplarlifestyle [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eap72k/how_do_you_manually_install_windows_terminal/
  3. how do you restore Windows.old without restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do you restore Windows.old without restore point: I had 3 trojan malware on my system. Our IT person is gone. I reset windows and have been working for 2 days to install the programs in office 365, but they are set up really funky and cannot get Outlook to function at all. I have both private and business accounts and...
  4. how do you reenable secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you reenable secure boot: am tryingto re enable secure boot without making changes to my bios, any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reenable-secure-boot/def4a1ac-cd79-47a5-9ec3-188534b007b3"
  5. How to install Boot manager and windows on seperate disks ?

How to install Boot manager and windows on seperate disks ?: Hello, I recently wiped my old laptop and replaced the sata DVD drive by an SSD. I figured I could use this SSD to gain some extra speed. But the bios being kinda hold it refuses to boot in UEFI mode so I'm stuck with the standard BIOS mode which refuse to boot from the...
  6. How do i install windows 10 without csm

How do i install windows 10 without csm: Hello, I have a problem that i installed windows 10 with csm enabled so when i go into bios and turn off csm my system doesn't boot up and there is no boot options. I want to reinstall it with csm disabled but i don't know how. I have windows 10 home 64bit original usb...
  7. How do you leave audit mode without doing anything?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do you leave audit mode without doing anything?: Today, I was messing around and entered audit mode on my laptop. I could not find a way to leave it without doing oobe. Simply rebooting did not work as it automatically booted back to audit mode So does anybody know how to leave audit so yo can just go back to normal...
  8. How do you shutdown windows 10 without installing updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you shutdown windows 10 without installing updates?: Is there a way to shutdown windows 10 without installing updates? I know previous versions of Windows had command line or registry tricks that helped with this. Note the version of Windows 10 I am using is the normal version you get with the free upgrade. 34355
  9. How do YOU clean install ? Do you follow a plan ?

How do YOU clean install ? Do you follow a plan ?: Thanks for the kind words Ed *Smile At some point I would like to do a TUT, in particular for installing and using AOMEI. Not enough hours in the day at the moment.
  10. How do you get to disk management?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you get to disk management?: I just installed Win 10. First impression is that I'm not impressed with the new design. I think mobile devices are ruining the internet. How do I get to disk management? Is it similar to Win 7? Also, how do I get to Services and Event Viewer? 27923