Windows 10: how do you change an icon of a .exe file?

Discus and support how do you change an icon of a .exe file? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; yeah all i really need to figure out is how to change an icon of a .exe file. i tried going into properties but there seems to be no way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vibinghamster, Sep 8, 2020.

1. how do you change an icon of a .exe file?

yeah all i really need to figure out is how to change an icon of a .exe file. i tried going into properties but there seems to be no way

:)

vibinghamster, Sep 8, 2020

2. Custom File Icons?

I've got a program that creates various file types; some of these are associated with the program and display its icon. Is it possible to keep the file association, but change the icons for some of the associated types so they stand out in a listing?

If so, then ideally I'd like to extract the icon from the exe, make three slightly different versions, and make these display (at all scales) for the three main file types. Any suggestions for tools to do this? I have Photoshop CS5.

nigelmercier, Sep 8, 2020
  3. I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

how do you change an icon of a .exe file?

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

how do you change an icon of a .exe file?

1. how do you change an icon of a .exe file? - Similar Threads - change icon exe

2. how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?: I've unchecked "always show icon not thumbnail" & it didn't help. Need to be able to see thumbnail of photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-an-icon-to-a-thumbnail/30c6b98e-ee30-46d3-8cb0-ccafe7f836b2
  3. how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?: I've unchecked "always show icon not thumbnail" & it didn't help. Need to be able to see thumbnail of photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-an-icon-to-a-thumbnail/30c6b98e-ee30-46d3-8cb0-ccafe7f836b2
  4. *.exe icons changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  5. *.exe icons changed

*.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  6. How do you change the settings app icon?

How do you change the settings app icon?: The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default icons with and my app icons went blank. I was able to change back all the icons to the defaults except for the settings icon....
  7. How do you change the settings app icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you change the settings app icon?: The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default icons with and my app icons went blank. I was able to change back all the icons to the defaults except for the settings icon....
  8. How to change an .exe icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change an .exe icon?: I have a program with no icon and it's been bugging me and want to change it's icon to my own. Is there any way to do this? submitted by /u/Got69TypesOfMalware [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4w67g/how_to_change_an_exe_icon/
  9. how do you change the size of icon on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you change the size of icon on the desktop: change icon size on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-size-of-icon-on-the-desktop/ee4e2c6e-9c67-4c56-92dc-4b6da249cd49
  10. Change icon for .exe

Change icon for .exe: I am using Windows 10 Home 64 and want to change the .exe icon for a program I have. If I go to properties there is no way to do this so how is this done in Windows 10 without creating a shortcut or another program? I used to be able to do this before Windows 10. Also there...