Windows 10: How Do You Change Email Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support How Do You Change Email Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I registered to this forum just to post a fix to the notorious windows 10 mail alias issue... this is the only true fix that apparently works, and I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ARC1020, Jul 28, 2015.

1. How Do You Change Email Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App

I registered to this forum just to post a fix to the notorious windows 10 mail alias issue... this is the only true fix that apparently works, and I tried it for myself. I felt obligated to share it with the millions of people probably having the same issue.. original post is here Windows 10 Mail App Shows Wrong Alias - Microsoft Community

Fix:

• Click on the start button and type "regedit". Run the Registry Editor.
    • Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Active Sync -> Partners. There should be one child folder here for every email account you have configured.
    • Find the folder for your account - look for one with a "User" key that matches your old email address. Change the "User" and "Email" keys in this account to your new account.
    (Original (and credit) post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...email_address/)

windows10fix, May 16, 2016
  2. SCT
    SCT Win User

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!

I have been trying to get this issue fixed for 2 weeks now, been through 5 Answer Techs through Microsoft with no resolution. I am not very tech savy, but your simple instructions have fixed the issue! Cannot thank you enough!!!

3. spartecha Win User
    Thank you!!!!!!! I have been looking for MONTHS trying to find any kind of a fix. I am going to attempt this now!

spartecha, Jan 23, 2017
  4. circe801 Win User

How Do You Change Email Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App

i know this a reply on an old thread, but as far as i can see, there has been no actual solution to use with ANY account--not just the MS emal address (primary email).
    i got here by looking for the same exact thing.
    here's what i found:
    open mail app.
    hit 'settings' (gear symbol) at the bottom left of pane.
    hit 'manage accounts' on the upper right of settings pane.
    select the desired account .
    hit 'change mailbox sync settings'.
    right above the words 'sync settings' at the bottom is 'send your messages using this name'.
    change to desired name.
    voil !! all done.
    why they hide it here is beyond me.
    hope this helps others...

circe801, Jun 6, 2017
  5. This is actually the right answer. Just add both aliases as different accounts and then bring them together with the "link inboxes" button under the "Manage Accounts" menu you get when you click on "Accounts"

Fr4nc3sc0NL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How Do You Change Email Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App

1. How Do You Change Email Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - Change Email Aliases

2. Aliases email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Aliases email: One of my aliases was deleted by mistake. I need to recover the email. what do I do to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aliases-email/e79d9293-bd9b-4fd9-b75e-95c13018b7bf
  3. Aliases in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aliases in Windows 10 Mail app: I have set up four email aliases in my Microsoft account - 2 outlook.com and 2 icloud.comI can send email using the icloud.com aliases when in Outlook.com webmail, but in the Windows 10 mail app, only the two outlook.com aliases appear as being able to send email from.Is...
  4. Changing Aliases

Changing Aliases: I just made a new alias and the old one has a gift card on it if I removed the old one will the money go to the new alias? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-aliases/ee3e47c3-f0cf-416f-8b28-105ec490a906
  5. How to change Email Sender Name in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Email Sender Name in Windows 10 Mail app: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With the built-in Mail app for – which is the new default client, you can connect and manage your multiple email accounts from a single point without having to load different websites to check and send your emails. In this [...] This post How to change Email...
  6. how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?

how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?: One of your answers is to change the default mail app from Windows 10 mail to outlook. No way to find out how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-mail-app-from/f7bcfcf6-b2d0-4e2a-a822-018d8cc57dfc
  7. email aliases in Mail app vs WLM 2012

in Browsers and Email
    email aliases in Mail app vs WLM 2012: In WLM 2012 email arriving in my alias folder appear in "Quick Views" making it easy to see when new mail arrived for those aliases. I given the Live mail app in Windows 10 a try. In this app I have to click More to see the folders for my aliases and there is no notification...
  8. Sending Email From Outlook.com Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Sending Email From Outlook.com Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App: According to the Mail App 'What's New' details, it says the following: What's new in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 New features in the latest update: - Send email from Outlook.com aliases - Open & save Calendar .ics attachments in email - See multiple upcoming...
  9. How Do You Create and Rename Email Folders in the Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    How Do You Create and Rename Email Folders in the Windows 10 Mail App: How do you create and rename folders in the Windows 10 Mail App? With the Windows 8 Mail App, it was just a case of right-clicking, but the Windows 10 Mail App, right-clicking just shows 'Remove From Favourites' and 'Pin To Start'. There's no context menu for 'Create...
  10. How do I change the order of my emails in the mail app?

How do I change the order of my emails in the mail app?: Hi guys, I'm just setting up the mail app and I can't seem to change the order of email accounts on the left hand side. I looked up other possible solutions and it appears the "right click > move up/down" option is no longer available. Anyone else experience this? Edit:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail alias

2. alias in windows 10 mail

3. app execution aliases

4. email aliases in win 10 mail,
  5. windows mail app alias,
  6. how to change alias on computer,
  7. mailapp aliases,
  8. email alias windows 10,
  9. xbox manage alias,
  10. windows 10 mail aliases,
  11. share windows10 calande with aliases,