Windows 10: How do you change server/port setting in Outlook 365?

Discus and support How do you change server/port setting in Outlook 365? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I cannot find any sort of settings for an existing account that I have. I searched around and found someone on the Microsoft forum that suggested a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by bigblocktowncar, Oct 25, 2020.

1. How do you change server/port setting in Outlook 365?

I cannot find any sort of settings for an existing account that I have. I searched around and found someone on the Microsoft forum that suggested a regedit, which I did, but nothing happened.

I googled this and found someone showing steps for changing server settings, but none of the menu tabs exist for me. Is there a way around this?

:)

bigblocktowncar, Oct 25, 2020

2. Outlook Server/Port settings for att.net emails

Have an att.email address. Outlook server/port info for inbound/outbound emails included POP3/att.net settings. Cannot now receive/send emails since ATT has changed inbound/outbound mail to be routed through yahoo.com. Need to keep my existing att.net
    address. Need to know server/port setting info to continue using my existing email address through Outlook.

RonaldUnderwood1, Oct 25, 2020
  3. a_27_ Win User
    Setting Server Ports on Outlook Mobile 6.1?

Anyone have any info on where to set server ports for outlook in 6.1? Specifically my smtp server. I have run through every menu and advanced menu in the accounts area and have not found an option to change server ports.

Thanks for any input you guys may have.

a_27_, Oct 25, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How do you change server/port setting in Outlook 365?

Outlook & Ports

Chances are your new ISP is blocking port 25. This isn't uncommon(ATT and comcast do it in my area because of all the peoples computers that get infected with SPAM bots that constantly send out SPAM on port 25).

You probably have to use an alternate SMTP port. However, you can't just change the port to 587. The email service you are using has to support that alternate port, or Outlook will not recieve any responce when it tries to communicate with the server.

Check with the email service that you are using and see what alternate SMTP ports their server supports(if any) and change it to one of those.

And your router isn't blocking any outgoing connections, so you don't have to configure anything special with the router(like openning ports) to get Outlook to work.

newtekie1, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

How do you change server/port setting in Outlook 365?

1. How do you change server/port setting in Outlook 365? - Similar Threads - change server port

2. How do you or can you change a outlook data file just the name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you or can you change a outlook data file just the name: I install Office2019 Home and Student. Is one drive the default? Initially it tried to backup all files to one drive. I unlink the One Drive and it removed the one drive backup, but one thing is didnt do was to change the name of a data file. The file name had one drive in...
  3. How do you change the settings app icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the settings app icon?: The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default icons with and my app icons went blank. I was able to change back all the icons to the defaults except for the settings icon....
  4. How do you change the settings app icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change the settings app icon?: The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default icons with and my app icons went blank. I was able to change back all the icons to the defaults except for the settings icon....
  5. How do you change the settings app icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Outlook Server/Port settings for att.net emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Server/Port settings for att.net emails: Have an att.email address. Outlook server/port info for inbound/outbound emails included POP3/att.net settings. Cannot now receive/send emails since ATT has changed inbound/outbound mail to be routed through yahoo.com. Need to keep my existing att.net address. Need to...
  7. How do -you- backup your Office 2016/365 settings ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do -you- backup your Office 2016/365 settings ?: As for myself, after a fresh install, adjusting all Office settings has always been a time-consuming exercise: first, just before a fresh install, I take screenshots of -all- Excel, Outlook and Word settings, including all sub items settings (like spellings control). Then...
  8. Outlook server settings update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook server settings update: Hi So I have been given new numbers to add to my Incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP outlook server settings but my server will not update this new information on this PC. I am using windows 10. Any ideas please? Janine...
  9. Server changes printer ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Server changes printer ports: Hello, we have a client who has a server on which he has a cash register program. They have a remote location out of town from which they charge customers various items for contruction. From the program, they can print out A4 format receipt and POS receipts. The server...
  10. Outlook 365 deleting messages from server

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 365 deleting messages from server: In case anyone wasn't aware MS delivers another poisonous update. The latest one causes emails to delete from server regardless of settings. Wish they would leave things alone! There are workarounds namely using IMAP or uninstalling the office update. I guess I will just wait...