Windows 10: how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?

Discus and support how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of your answers is to change the default mail app from Windows 10 mail to outlook. No way to find out how?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnMullis, Apr 4, 2019.

1. how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?

One of your answers is to change the default mail app from Windows 10 mail to outlook. No way to find out how?

:)

JohnMullis, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 4, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Apr 4, 2019
  4. how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?

Windows Mail

im pretty sure you can. i know outlook you can and windows mail is based upon outlook.

freaksavior, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?

1. how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook? - Similar Threads - change default mail

2. Changing default inbox in the mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default inbox in the mail app: Whenever i open the mail app it shows the email that is in my inbox folder, but not all mails folder. Is there anyway to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-inbox-in-the-mail-app/40d950ab-adbc-4cc1-a867-5f11c6dae8bd
  3. how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app?

how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app?: I used to be able to change settings for this app but now the little cog wheel has disappeared and I can't find any other way to enter into the apps options. Note: I am not talking about Outlook....
  4. Outlook Mail/Windows 10 Mail

Outlook Mail/Windows 10 Mail: I have multiple email accounts. Two Outlook and two Chrome. I don't see any reference to including all email addresses in one location under each specific email address. What am I missing. Is there a purpose to making everything a "snipe hunt" to find your stuff?...
  5. Outlook Default Mail Client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...
  6. How to change the default font in the Windows 10 Mail app

How to change the default font in the Windows 10 Mail app: Good afternoon. Since upgrading my work PC I have been unable to change the default font setting when using the built in Mail app, I am stuck using calibri at font size 11 which does not match any of my pre-prepared notes. It's a minor inconvenience to have to change the...
  7. Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 How to Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both...
  8. How Do You Change Email Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    How Do You Change Email Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App: If you have more than one email alias in Outlook.com, with the Windows 8 Mail app you could choose what alias you wanted to send an email from by clicking on 'More' and selecting the address you wanted to use from the drop-down list. You could also set which email alias...
  9. Changing default alias in windows 10 mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Changing default alias in windows 10 mail app: How do I change the default alias in the windows 10 mail app? I changed the default alias for my microsoft account and it messed up the mail app. Now I have separate folders for each address and the inboxes are linked in one folder, but I just want it so there is 1 set of...
  10. change default font in Window 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    change default font in Window 10 Mail App: Can anyone explain how to change the default font in Windows 10 Mail app? The drop down menu allows for a font change in a single email. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the default. 34216