Windows 10: How do you change the main photo for People in the photos app?

Discus and support How do you change the main photo for People in the photos app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So for a few of my tagged people in photos it automatically chose a really bad picture for them. I'd like to manually set a photo to display for each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daggertrout, Oct 26, 2019.

1. How do you change the main photo for People in the photos app?

So for a few of my tagged people in photos it automatically chose a really bad picture for them. I'd like to manually set a photo to display for each person's album but can't seem to find a setting to allow me to.

:)

Daggertrout, Oct 26, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Oct 26, 2019
  3. PJLLB Win User
    Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices

I tried a forum search for this question but I couldn't find help.

I have an Outlook.com account that I use on two Windows 10 phones, a Windows 10 PC, and two Surface Pros. I use the People App with the same Outlook.com account on these devices. Although the complete list of contacts shows on each of the devices (and the lists appear complete), only some of the embedded photos show on the devices, except for one of the Windows 10 phones (which is where the photos were added). Some of the photos do show on the other devices. Strangely enough, when I use Edge to view People (Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft) all photos show in the contacts listed using the browser.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get all photos to show on the synched devices? I've tried about everything I could find searching.

PJLLB, Oct 26, 2019
  4. How do you change the main photo for People in the photos app?

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

How do you change the main photo for People in the photos app?

1. How do you change the main photo for People in the photos app? - Similar Threads - change main photo

2. How do you enter the names of people on photo files in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you enter the names of people on photo files in Windows 11?: I have been working with Windows 11 for 10 months. In Windows 7 I loved and used the Photo Gallery function that allowed me to easily enter the names of the people in each jpg photo. Eventually the AI I guess AI grew to suggest the names of people in new photos. I don't see...
  3. How do you enter the names of people on photo files in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you enter the names of people on photo files in Windows 11?: I have been working with Windows 11 for 10 months. In Windows 7 I loved and used the Photo Gallery function that allowed me to easily enter the names of the people in each jpg photo. Eventually the AI I guess AI grew to suggest the names of people in new photos. I don't see...
  4. how do you CROP a photo in photo app 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you CROP a photo in photo app 2022: I am having a problem finding the CROP function in the Photo app since the last Photo app update. There is no edit pencil and the only way is to accept predetermined sizes. Is this function still available in Microsoft Photo App?...
  5. how do you CROP a photo in photo app 2022

how do you CROP a photo in photo app 2022: I am having a problem finding the CROP function in the Photo app since the last Photo app update. There is no edit pencil and the only way is to accept predetermined sizes. Is this function still available in Microsoft Photo App?...
  6. WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE

WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE: I've been using the PHOTOS App, specifically the PEOPLE segment to identify family member groups of digital photos, and just in case others have struggled with the following topic, I thought I would post my most recent observations:To date, I have not discovered a way of...
  7. How do you tag photos in the Collection that are missing in the People?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you tag photos in the Collection that are missing in the People?: I continuously have issues with the Collection where the tagging disappears or in the latest case one of my Grandsons is not tagged at all and there are over 500 photos of him?...
  8. Photos app not recognizing people

Photos app not recognizing people: I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've had it running for several days and its not collected a single face. I've tried turning it on and off, uninstalling and...
  9. "People" feature of Photos app

"People" feature of Photos app: The "People" feature in the Photos app is only showing photos up to February 2018. How do I get that "People" feature to add photos taken after that date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-feature-of-photos-app/f96cef5d-d822-42b0-ba76-3b303590c500
  10. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....