Windows 10: How do you change the menu ("File", "Edit)" bar to a dark color? And how do you make it...

Discus and support How do you change the menu ("File", "Edit)" bar to a dark color? And how do you make it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ChinaFunn [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChinaFunn, Feb 5, 2020.

1. How do you change the menu ("File", "Edit)" bar to a dark color? And how do you make it...

/u/ChinaFunn, Feb 5, 2020

2. Changing menu window colors

Hi Poleson,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the frustration, when things don't work the way it should.

We apologize for inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check, if it works.

However, you can change the color of your windows borders and taskbar. Right click on desktop and click on Personalization, click on color option and check.

On the same screen, you have Display option in the left pane, click on it. You can change the size of all items and change only the text size of Title bars, Menus, Message boxes, Palette titles, Icons and Tooltips.

a. Click on the "Start" icon and choose "Control Panel."

b. Click on the "Customize colors" link located under the
    Appearance and Personalization
    option.

c. Select a theme to use for all opened windows. Click on the theme of your choice.

d. Click on the "Advanced" button to edit colors.

e. Click on the "Item" drop-down list. Color choices will appear each time you select an item to customize.

f. Click on the "Active Window Border" and click on the "Color 1" drop down menu.

g. Choose a basic Windows color from the swatches menu. Click on "Other" to customize the color choice.

h. Select the "Menu" item from the drop down list. Click on "Color 1" to choose the new toolbar color. Use "Other" to choose a custom color.

i. Move the black arrow on the right side to select the color darkness. Move the swatch icon around the color display to pick a color.

j. Click on "OK" once the new toolbar color has been chosen. This will close the color swatch window.

k. Click on "OK" to exit the theme picker window.

l. Click on "Apply" to confirm the new toolbar color and close the window.

Hope this information helps you. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you

AntonyJose, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Start menu color becomes dark and font color wont change in Windows 10

I just got my Upgrade yesterday and im quite happy with the performance.

As soon as I opened "start" i saw colors of tiles becoming dark step by step.. eventually becoming to blackish blue.. only the icon remains not changed.

It does go back to original colors if I open "start" after 1 min but they again turns into dark.

Other thing i noticed was the color of font. Its gray and remains gray no matter what color i choose for Start theme.

This is not only limited to tiles, if I open "all applications", on first open the color is okay but becomes dark again.

and with the gray color of font, it makes everything unreadable.

For example, if i choose color "#800000" for start, the tiles become color "#190000"..

So, I dont know if anyone else is also facing this issue or not but its quite annoying that you cant read and and ugly that color becomes dark like that..

AhmedAbdulRehman, Feb 5, 2020
  4. SBaidya Win User

How do you change the menu ("File", "Edit)" bar to a dark color? And how do you make it...

Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?

Dear Windows users and experts,

I am using Windows 10 1909 pro version. In the dark mode of Windows I see the color is too dark (pitch black). But if I see in Ubuntu or Mac Ox dark mode color those are more mild dark color. Can anyone suggest me if it is possible to change the dark
    color to like those mild varsion of the dark like in Ubuntu or Mac os.

Thanks in advance,

Santu B

SBaidya, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

How do you change the menu ("File", "Edit)" bar to a dark color? And how do you make it...

1. How do you change the menu ("File", "Edit)" bar to a dark color? And how do you make it... - Similar Threads - change menu File

2. How do you, do this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you, do this?: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.After creating a circle in, MS Paint. How, do you save it.As a, JPEG file. Separate, from the program?Looking at the, attached picture.You will see what I created, in MS Paint.The problem is, what I need. Is the black circle,...
  3. How do you, do this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you, do this?: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.After creating a circle in, MS Paint. How, do you save it.As a, JPEG file. Separate, from the program?Looking at the, attached picture.You will see what I created, in MS Paint.The problem is, what I need. Is the black circle,...
  4. How do you, change this?

How do you, change this?: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This concerns, the little round circle.Above the name, on the lock screen.What, is the path? To change, that picture. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  5. How do you, change this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you, change this?: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This concerns, the little round circle.Above the name, on the lock screen.What, is the path? To change, that picture. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. How do you, change this?

7. How do you do this . . .

How do you do this . . .: I'm running Windows 10.I have a folder called, pictures.Besides keeping all my, pictures there.I have other folders. For different, subjects.Like, movie posters. And, family pictures etc.When I open, the pictures folder.The other folders, are at the top.But now, all the...
  8. editing how do you want to open this file?

editing how do you want to open this file?: win 7 conversion to win 10, when I click on a folder to open it i get the box with program suggestions to open and internet explorer is there instead of anyone of my 3 browsers. How do I change that?...
  9. How do you edit the pictures in themes

How do you edit the pictures in themes: It used to be in Personalization under themes. It permitted you to open the current theme and edit (add or remove pictures) from the theme. The function seems to have been left out in Windows 10, and was available in previous Windows versions. 10533
  10. How do you change the color of the fonts of Windows 10?

How do you change the color of the fonts of Windows 10?: Title says it all, and not just desktop, everything? 101609