Windows 10: how do you change the microsoft account on a computer profile?

Discus and support how do you change the microsoft account on a computer profile? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; yesterday I signed into my Microsoft account on a device that isn't really mine, and now my account is stuck linked to the main profile on that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tiome, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Tiome Win User

how do you change the microsoft account on a computer profile?

yesterday I signed into my Microsoft account on a device that isn't really mine, and now my account is stuck linked to the main profile on that computer. I want to change the Microsoft account without changing the profile because the profile holds a lot of important documents.

also if i remove the device now from the list of devices my account is linked to, will all the existing data on that profile disappear? I am not going to try it unless I am 100% sure.

so far I tried adding another account using the family settings but that only added it as a separate profile which is not what I was trying to do.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Tiome, Aug 28, 2018

2. Change my date of birth on microsoft profile

Hi Alex,

To change the date of birth on your Microsoft Account, you can follow the steps below:

• Sign in to
      Your info
      on the Microsoft account website.
    • Click Edit your personal info.
    • Select the correct date of birth, and then select Save.

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions that regulate what children can do online. You can check this
    link for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Problem When Right Clicking on Empty Area and Can't Change to Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are unable to use right click and change the Microsoft account to local account. I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to change the Microsoft account to local account.

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key" or Start icon.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 28, 2018
  4. how do you change the microsoft account on a computer profile?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

how do you change the microsoft account on a computer profile?

1. how do you change the microsoft account on a computer profile? - Similar Threads - change microsoft account

2. How do I change a computer login to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a computer login to a Microsoft account: Hi.When we originally set up my sons gaming computer, everything was linked to my husbands Microsoft account. Now that he’s older we would like my son to have his own account. My husband’s account is also connected to a work email and needs to disconnect from my sons...
  3. How do I change a computer login to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change a computer login to a Microsoft account: Hi.When we originally set up my sons gaming computer, everything was linked to my husbands Microsoft account. Now that he’s older we would like my son to have his own account. My husband’s account is also connected to a work email and needs to disconnect from my sons...
  4. Changing Microsoft account on main profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Microsoft account on main profile.: When I first got my PC I didn't have a Microsoft account to sign into so I signed into my parents account under my mothers email. Now a couple years later this is causing some troubles. I wanted to keep my desktop all the same. Like all the files I have downloaded, programs,...
  5. Changing Microsoft account on main profile.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Microsoft account on main profile.: When I first got my PC I didn't have a Microsoft account to sign into so I signed into my parents account under my mothers email. Now a couple years later this is causing some troubles. I wanted to keep my desktop all the same. Like all the files I have downloaded, programs,...
  6. Changing Microsoft account on main profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do you change your Microsoft account email address.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you change your Microsoft account email address.: I want to switch from my Yahoo Mail account to my Gmail, but it seems as if there are a lot of hurdles in doing so. submitted by /u/j_abitante [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgej8u/how_do_you_change_your_microsoft_account_email/
  8. Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile

Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile: My child somehow associated his Microsoft account from school with the main profile on our home PC and we can't figure out how to change/remove it. He's essentially taken over that profile. Any and all suggestions appreciated shy of saving local data wiping it....
  9. How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?): How do I go about changing my Microsoft account that's currently associated with my Xbox account to a different one? I'm aware of the "aliases" thing that you can do, but that doesn't work for existing Microsoft accounts....
  10. How do I change the profile or account of the default login

How do I change the profile or account of the default login: When I first turn the PC on it attempts to login through what must be the default account held by Windows 10. That fails because the password doesn't match. So I'm at the login, I've forgotten the password. At the login screen there is a second user icon for which I do know...