Windows 10: How do you change the settings app icon?

Discus and support How do you change the settings app icon? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sunwoozy, Dec 27, 2021.

1. sunwoozy Win User

How do you change the settings app icon?

The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default icons with and my app icons went blank. I was able to change back all the icons to the defaults except for the settings icon. I don't remember how I changed to start with. It was not a shortcut, it was the actual app itself. Can someone help me, please? I've been looking online forever I cannot seem to find my answer. here is a screenshot of the issue: I hope you can help me out, if you have any questions regarding this issue, let me know. Tha

:)

sunwoozy, Dec 27, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 27, 2021
  3. tehfusion Win User
    Realmware BF4 Settings Editor.

Realmware BF4 Settings Editor 0.91

We have just released a hotfix for the preview version of our BF4 Settings Editor. As said in the posts above, DICE silently released a patch for the Battlefield 4 Beta, which changed the location of the settings files, breaking BF4 Settings Editor in the process. This hotfix resolves the issue, while also including a few other fixes and improvements. Be sure to update to the latest version!

Here is the full list of changes for this version.

Features:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Fixes:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Improvements:

• Added a tooltip to the system tray icon.
    • Improved the tooltip for the horizontal field of view setting.
    • Improved the tooltip for the stereo mode setting.

tehfusion, Dec 27, 2021
  4. How do you change the settings app icon?

Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 27, 2021
Thema:

How do you change the settings app icon?

1. How do you change the settings app icon? - Similar Threads - change settings app

2. how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?: I've unchecked "always show icon not thumbnail" & it didn't help. Need to be able to see thumbnail of photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-an-icon-to-a-thumbnail/30c6b98e-ee30-46d3-8cb0-ccafe7f836b2
  3. how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?: I've unchecked "always show icon not thumbnail" & it didn't help. Need to be able to see thumbnail of photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-an-icon-to-a-thumbnail/30c6b98e-ee30-46d3-8cb0-ccafe7f836b2
  4. How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?: I'd like to know how to change the colour of a selected icon highlight on the desktop, because otherwise it's always light blue no matter what colours you choose in the personalisation settings.I know it means editing the registry which I've tried already, but I've only...
  5. How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change the colour of icon highlights on the desktop?: I'd like to know how to change the colour of a selected icon highlight on the desktop, because otherwise it's always light blue no matter what colours you choose in the personalisation settings.I know it means editing the registry which I've tried already, but I've only...
  6. How do you change the settings app icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the settings app icon?: The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default icons with and my app icons went blank. I was able to change back all the icons to the defaults except for the settings icon....
  7. How do you change the settings app icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you change the settings app icon?: The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default icons with and my app icons went blank. I was able to change back all the icons to the defaults except for the settings icon....
  8. how do you change an icon of a .exe file?

how do you change an icon of a .exe file?: yeah all i really need to figure out is how to change an icon of a .exe file. i tried going into properties but there seems to be no way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-an-icon-of-a-exe-file/42646a8b-53f8-48b5-ae6f-2131d568eb50
  9. how do you change the size of icon on the desktop

how do you change the size of icon on the desktop: change icon size on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-size-of-icon-on-the-desktop/ee4e2c6e-9c67-4c56-92dc-4b6da249cd49
  10. Microsoft! Do you change settings?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft! Do you change settings?: I re-installed Windows a week ago and changed a bunch of settings... mostly privacy. I have gone back into settings today and found remote desktop turned on, notifications such as Microsoft Solitare, Voice Recorder, Groove all turned on. I turned them all off then whilst...