Windows 10: How do you change user permission so that I can't shut off the app process?

Discus and support How do you change user permission so that I can't shut off the app process? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I got an addiction and I have a program which blocks me from abusing it. As long as the program is running, it hinders me from relapsing. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oobeing, Feb 15, 2021.

1. How do you change user permission so that I can't shut off the app process?

Hi, I got an addiction and I have a program which blocks me from abusing it.
    As long as the program is running, it hinders me from relapsing.
    The problem is that I know how to turn the process of, I study computer engineering so going into task manager and changing properties in the process tree is easy, found a way to shut the program off.

I want to lock me out from being able to kill the process, I know you can do it in linux by changing user permission etc, is there a way my friend can make a password to lock the program from being killed by me? Highly appreciate any help/suggestions.

submitted by /u/oobeing
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oobeing, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 15, 2021
  3. how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 15, 2021
  4. tom acito Win User

How do you change user permission so that I can't shut off the app process?

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

How do you change user permission so that I can't shut off the app process?

1. How do you change user permission so that I can't shut off the app process? - Similar Threads - change user permission

2. How do i change user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change user: Ive tried to move user accounts off C: drive. Than i made a new user to see if files appear on the mew location. They didn't nor did they appear on C drive. I restarted the PC thinking it might solvr the issue.On login screen only the newly made test account is visible....
  3. How do i change user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change user: Ive tried to move user accounts off C: drive. Than i made a new user to see if files appear on the mew location. They didn't nor did they appear on C drive. I restarted the PC thinking it might solvr the issue.On login screen only the newly made test account is visible....
  4. How do i change user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how to remove user from users if it shows you don't have permission to delete or change the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove user from users if it shows you don't have permission to delete or change the...: the user doesn't show in setting, but it shows in users in local disk C. I many times try to change permissions or try to delete it, but that dialogue box appears where msg shows that you can't delete or change the permission....
  6. how to remove user from users if it shows you don't have permission to delete or change the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove user from users if it shows you don't have permission to delete or change the...: the user doesn't show in setting, but it shows in users in local disk C. I many times try to change permissions or try to delete it, but that dialogue box appears where msg shows that you can't delete or change the permission....
  7. How do I shut off Cortana?

in Cortana
    How do I shut off Cortana?: I want to stop Cortana breaking into my work. I want to shut off the Cortana App. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-shut-off-cortana/af7a879b-935c-40e8-9ed9-c0dd49a423da
  8. How do I change administrator permissions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change administrator permissions?: I am unable to delete files. Error message says to contact the administrator. I am the administrator, owner and sole user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-administrator-permissions/3535f0d4-0c0b-4af3-ad87-c1f49ff7b195"
  9. Window 10 -- shut off too much of their intrusive datamining apps and you can't do updates...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 -- shut off too much of their intrusive datamining apps and you can't do updates...: Okay, I know M$ will lock this discussion ASAP but I had to vent. Windows 10? Apparently WE serve IT. <-- always was M$ business model. I have reinstalled my $200 win 10 pro 3 times now. Every time I do, I go through everything and disable all the intrusive M$...
  10. Changing permissions on a folder that you can't access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing permissions on a folder that you can't access: Hello, I am new to the forums but I was searching the forums for an answer to my question and didn't get one so I turned to the rest of the internet. In time I was able to develop a fix for my problem. This is the fix. If this is in the wrong place please tell me and I...