Windows 10: How do you change Windows password if someone is using Microsoft account to sign-in?

Discus and support How do you change Windows password if someone is using Microsoft account to sign-in? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do you change Windows password if someone is using Microsoft account to sign-in, forgot password and now cannot login to Windows?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jackin, Apr 10, 2020.

1. jackin Win User

How do you change Windows password if someone is using Microsoft account to sign-in?

How do you change Windows password if someone is using Microsoft account to sign-in, forgot password and now cannot login to Windows?

:)

jackin, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Apr 10, 2020
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 10, 2020
  4. How do you change Windows password if someone is using Microsoft account to sign-in?

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

How do you change Windows password if someone is using Microsoft account to sign-in?

1. How do you change Windows password if someone is using Microsoft account to sign-in? - Similar Threads - change password someone

2. How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password: My hard disk was changed in windows laptop. When I signed in to Microsoft account it again showing me the pop up of sign in to this computer using your Microsoft account. Even if I give the same password it isn’t accepting nor can I select any other option as there is none....
  3. How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password: My hard disk was changed in windows laptop. When I signed in to Microsoft account it again showing me the pop up of sign in to this computer using your Microsoft account. Even if I give the same password it isn’t accepting nor can I select any other option as there is none....
  4. How do you use excel without signing in to microsoft in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you use excel without signing in to microsoft in windows?: I want to use excel which is on my university's account, but when I do it adds my school account to my pc and it begins being managed by them, forcing me to use a pin on my computer, changing my windows settings, removing search options from google, etc. I want to use excel...
  5. How do you use excel without signing in to microsoft in windows?

How do you use excel without signing in to microsoft in windows?: I want to use excel which is on my university's account, but when I do it adds my school account to my pc and it begins being managed by them, forcing me to use a pin on my computer, changing my windows settings, removing search options from google, etc. I want to use excel...
  6. Someone hacked my Microsoft account and changed my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone hacked my Microsoft account and changed my password: So today when im trying to log in Minecraft, i can;t as it said [my gamil] doesn't exist. Then more clicking shows that someone has change my gmail to something else. So I lost my original account but I want my Minecraft back, what can I do?...
  7. Someone hacked my Microsoft account and changed my password

Someone hacked my Microsoft account and changed my password: So today when im trying to log in Minecraft, i can;t as it said [my gamil] doesn't exist. Then more clicking shows that someone has change my gmail to something else. So I lost my original account but I want my Minecraft back, what can I do?...
  8. How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password?: I'm currently using a Local account on Windows and I haven't set up a password because I don't want to. I just start my PC and it brings me to the desktop right away. Now I want to link my Windows license to my Microsoft account, but for that I have to sign in to Windows with...
  9. How do I change my child's Windows sign in password without changing his Microsoft account...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change my child's Windows sign in password without changing his Microsoft account...: He's signing in to Windows on a laptop with his Microsoft email account password and I need to change it without changing his email password. How do I do this? I tried setting up a local account user sign in for him, but it said this user is already set upwith his microsoft...
  10. how do you change the microsoft account on a computer profile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you change the microsoft account on a computer profile?: yesterday I signed into my Microsoft account on a device that isn't really mine, and now my account is stuck linked to the main profile on that computer. I want to change the Microsoft account without changing the profile because the profile holds a lot of important...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to pair pc credentials with microsoft account credentials