Windows 10: how do you change your phone number on your microsoft profile as mine is an old one

Discus and support how do you change your phone number on your microsoft profile as mine is an old one in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; An old phone number needs to be reset on my account profile any suggestions.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nomind7ca, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Nomind7ca Win User

how do you change your phone number on your microsoft profile as mine is an old one

An old phone number needs to be reset on my account profile any suggestions.

:)

Nomind7ca, Jul 11, 2019

2. My Microsoft profile phone number

When I logged into Microsoft it asked whether to send a code to my email address or to my phone. The phone number is not my current phone. I have seen multiple postings asking the same question. "How do I change the phone number associated with my account",
    but I have yet to see an answer.

Can someone provide a straightforward list of steps to do this?

The category is wrong, but there was no category listed for Microsoft account

Thanks

farrut1922, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Update phone number on Microsoft Live Profile

How do i change my phone number on my profile for Microsoft Live account? I can edit email addreses on my profile but not my phone number. Can anyone help?

StaceyGreen2, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

how do you change your phone number on your microsoft profile as mine is an old one

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

Thema:

1. how do you change your phone number on your microsoft profile as mine is an old one - Similar Threads - change phone number

2. How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?: So, I was playing a game with my friend on a PC. Everything has been normal up until today because it has asked me for my pin, and I have never had to put it in, nor do I remember setting it up. My issue is that when I go into my settings to change the pin it says I have to...
  3. How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?: So, I was playing a game with my friend on a PC. Everything has been normal up until today because it has asked me for my pin, and I have never had to put it in, nor do I remember setting it up. My issue is that when I go into my settings to change the pin it says I have to...
  4. How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What's your phone number ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's your phone number ?: What's your phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-your-phone-number/0f3c09ee-1a52-4404-9249-b83d8cda0029
  6. What's your phone number ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's your phone number ?: What's your phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-your-phone-number/0f3c09ee-1a52-4404-9249-b83d8cda0029
  7. How do you change your name???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change your name???: Hiw do you change you name?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-your-name/9616f675-3426-4c98-8e5d-07419187e848
  8. How do you change your PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do you change your PIN?: How do you change your PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-your-pin/4432da08-4873-406c-b3a3-a59f9b3f0722
  9. how do you uninstal your phone app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do you uninstal your phone app?: how do you uninstal your phone app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-uninstal-your-phone-app/dc31d895-8c74-44c5-8028-d047c70940e6"
  10. How do you change to one of your other keyboards?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you change to one of your other keyboards?: So i have English and Mandarin Chinese as my keyboards in Settings->Languages. My default keyboard is English. How do you switch to your other keyboard? Thanks in advance...