Windows 10: How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU

Discus and support How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I Was Wondering How To Change My Power Saving GPU To An Intel GPU Not A Nvidia One, Thanks! Sorry My Picture Would Not Upload But It Is Located In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tyler Jorgensen, Jan 30, 2023.

1. How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU

Hi! I Was Wondering How To Change My Power Saving GPU To An Intel GPU Not A Nvidia One, Thanks! Sorry My Picture Would Not Upload But It Is Located In System>Display>Graphics And Then Clicking On Any Game Will Not Show Up With An Intel Option For Power Saving

:)

Tyler Jorgensen, Jan 30, 2023

2. having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, Jan 30, 2023
  3. TomWoB Win User
    LogViewer for GPU-Z available !

I tried Nvidia Inspector (which is very close to GPU-Z), but it logs with a different column delimiter. With the following steps you can "convert" a Nvidia Inspector logfile into a GPU-Z logfile:

• open Nvidia Inspector logfile (typically "NVIDIA_Inspector-MonitoringLog_....csv") in a good text-editor (UltraEdit ,...)
    • find/replace column delimiter: find all semicolon ';' and replace them with comma ',' (in a good text editor you can do this in one step "replace all")
    • save changed logfile with extension ".txt"
    Now you can open the saved logfile as a "GPU-Z logfile" !

TomWoB, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Jerry8A Win User

How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU

1. How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU - Similar Threads - Change Power Saving

2. change gpu used in power saving mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change gpu used in power saving mode: Is it possible to change what gpu is used when power saving mode is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-gpu-used-in-power-saving-mode/4730853b-6328-4b85-9221-4fc5e747e4cb
  3. change gpu used in power saving mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change gpu used in power saving mode: Is it possible to change what gpu is used when power saving mode is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-gpu-used-in-power-saving-mode/4730853b-6328-4b85-9221-4fc5e747e4cb
  4. How do you change save settings in Microsoft Photos?

How do you change save settings in Microsoft Photos?: When cropping and saving photos, the "save as" menu doesn't pop up when I try to save a copy of it. Instead, the image automatically saves with a default name. e.g. I'm trying to save the image 001.jpg and I want to crop a certain part of it to name it 001-1. jpg . Instead of...
  5. How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU

How Do You Change Your Power Saving GPU: Hi! I Was Wondering How To Change My Power Saving GPU To An Intel GPU Not A Nvidia One, Thanks! Sorry My Picture Would Not Upload But It Is Located In System>Display>Graphics And Then Clicking On Any Game Will Not Show Up With An Intel Option For Power Saving...
  6. How do I change what Windows 10 considers the Power saving GPU and High performance GPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change what Windows 10 considers the Power saving GPU and High performance GPU?: https://i.imgur.com/dgQZdwe.png Despite having two dedicated GPUs in my desktop, the 3080 is both the power saving and high performance gpu submitted by /u/TurnipObvio [link] [comments]...
  7. How do you change your name???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change your name???: Hiw do you change you name?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-your-name/9616f675-3426-4c98-8e5d-07419187e848
  8. How do you change your PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do you change your PIN?: How do you change your PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-your-pin/4432da08-4873-406c-b3a3-a59f9b3f0722
  9. Power saving GPU not showing up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power saving GPU not showing up?: Hi I recently purchased a GT 635 to mess around with and to run my Web browser due to issue's with AMD but for some reason when I go to "Graphics settings", choose an App, and then press "options" to change which card runs the app the GT 635 with fully up to date drivers...
  10. How do you save your desktop icon placement?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you save your desktop icon placement?: It's been a while but has happened twice in the past couple weeks that my desktop icons were rearranged, one was due to a recent windows update I read, and that one removed some, if not all, of my icons, I don't remember exactly. And just a day or 2 ago my icons were randomly...