Windows 10: How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10?

Discus and support How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying to figure this out for about 1 hour, and it's blowing my mind that something so simple can be so complicated. I've gone through google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brystvorter, Dec 4, 2019.

1. How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10?

I've been trying to figure this out for about 1 hour, and it's blowing my mind that something so simple can be so complicated. I've gone through google searches, forum searches, reddit searches, youtube searches, and I wanted to see if anyone here could help before I straight up call Microsoft. Thanks for any help.

submitted by /u/Brystvorter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brystvorter, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Changing your profile picture on the Xbox App

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

This article will outline, step by step, how to change your profile picture on the Xbox App, for use on Xbox Live. It will walk you though the Xbox App, and even adding your own custom images as profile picture.

If you wish to learn how to change your profile picture on the Xbox Console, please see this article here:

How to change your Xbox One gamerpic

Please be aware that you need to:

Details

You can change your Xbox Gamer picture through the Xbox App on your computer/device and from the phone. How? The recent update, the creators update, on Windows 10 is how. This update was for improvements to Windows 10, for both gamers and other users.

To change the gamer picture, you will first need to open the Xbox App from the start menu on your Device.

Once it opens, you will come to the Activity feed as shown here,

How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10? 898c04e2-b684-492f-98f9-5047e3898de1.png

When you come to this page, you will need to click onto your gamerpic at the top left hand corner, as shown in the image below

How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10? 1d9ec908-f3c0-4a34-b1ca-225b77d60ebc.png

Once you click onto your profile picture (Found in the red box in the image above), it will take you to your profile page where you can see your profile and activity and friends. You will also be able to see a bunch of other options as well, like edit profile
    and appear online/offline.

You will need to select onto Customize. Once you click onto customize, it will allow you to edit the fields on your profile - including your avatar and gamerpic. For help finding the customize button, please take a look at the screen print below,

How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10? 1beea7e3-9b8e-4d2b-8294-b902783a7f75.png

When you have clicked onto Customize, you will then need to select the option to switch to gamerpic on your profile, before you can change your gamerpic. This option is underneath your Avatar, as seen below

How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10? 9af40d49-3d9d-4c72-b8a5-1c710c9ef315.png

Once this option is selected, it will display your gamerpic. At first, it will be a default one, which Xbox has uploaded themselves, and it may be a random one from their bunch of pics. To change them, you will need to hover into the centre of the gamerpic
    so it says "change gamerpic"

How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10? ed667a03-86fa-4326-ac16-a896183b5b60.png

Once you click onto edit, then a pop up window will appear within the app. This is where you can select other default images as profile pics or you can upload your own. The option to upload your own will display at the top of the pop up window, as seen in
    the image underneath,

How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10? 6ee6bbd2-09d5-4ae7-928e-11a72ca9bcdc.png

Once you click onto this option, then you can select an image to upload as your gamerpic.

==============================================================

Please note:

All images and content on Xbox Live, and on the Microsoft services have to comply with the

Xbox Code of Conduct
    and Terms of Use and the

Microsoft Service Agreement
    . Any images/content that violate these rules will be subjected to Enforcement Action against you. This could result in the image been removed or the Account suspended/banned.

You also have to be above the age of 18.

==============================================================

Thanks for reading, and hope this helps you with changing your gamerpic on the Xbox App. If you have suggestions for this article, please use the suggest edits option under my article.

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Dec 4, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10?

The Xbox Beta App on Windows 10 Gets an Update

Source: The Xbox Beta App on Windows 10 Gets an Update | Windows Experience Blog

See also: Xbox App on Windows 10

Brink, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10?

1. How do you change your profile picture on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change profile picture

2. Windows 10 Apps do not show profile picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Apps do not show profile picture: Windows 10 Apps like Weather, Money, Photos etc. stopped showing my profile picture and now only show a placeholder.Start menu, Settings and MS Store show my profile picture fine.Is anyone having the same problem as me? Any tips how to solve this problem?...
  3. Windows 10 Apps do not show profile picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Apps do not show profile picture: Windows 10 Apps like Weather, Money, Photos etc. stopped showing my profile picture and now only show a placeholder.Start menu, Settings and MS Store show my profile picture fine.Is anyone having the same problem as me? Any tips how to solve this problem?...
  4. How do I change the profile picture on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the profile picture on Windows 10?: For some reason the profile picture on my computer account changed to me from when I was like 12 years old and the options to browse for an image or take a picture is greyed out so it's stuck like that. Really agitating I've been trying to change it for like an hour at this...
  5. Xbox beta app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox beta app: My app won't let me sign in. It just acts like I didn't click anything. I've search the web and Uninstalled,reinstalled several times. Everything is up to date. I've seen several people report this problem but I've yet to find a solution. submitted by /u/rpgeeez [link]...
  6. Xbox beta app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox beta app: There was an app update for Xbox console companion and, as I always do to test, when I launched it afterwards it directed me to the new Xbox beta app. Said it is replacing Xbox console companion. I blindly clicked the link and installed it. Seems a poor shadow of the console...
  7. Xbox beta app

Xbox beta app: There was an app update for Xbox console companion and, as I always do to test, when I launched it afterwards it directed me to the new Xbox beta app. Said it is replacing Xbox console companion. I blindly clicked the link and installed it. Seems a poor shadow of the console...
  8. Easy Guide: How to Change Your User Account Profile Picture in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Easy Guide: How to Change Your User Account Profile Picture in Windows 10: In Windows 10, you can change or update your user profile picture. In this guide, we show you how. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from...
  9. xbox beta app

xbox beta app: Hello, I recently got a xbox game pass for pc and everytime i install it and try to download sea of thieves i get a blue screen with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. All my drivers are updated, windows is updated, there are no memory issues, and i use windows defender for...
  10. How do I change my profile picture in the Mail app?

How do I change my profile picture in the Mail app?: I need to change the profile picture in the mail app but I can't figure out how. I tried changing it through the computer's account settings but nothing changed. There isn't even an option in the Mail app to change this photo, at least not one that I can find....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one change gamer picture beta app