Windows 10: How Do You Choose a Different Mic in Game Bar?

Discus and support How Do You Choose a Different Mic in Game Bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i'm rather new to the Game Bar and Windows 10 itself and i would like to know how to change a preferred microphone when recording with XBOX Game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AksaraDewa, Oct 21, 2019.

1. How Do You Choose a Different Mic in Game Bar?

Hi, i'm rather new to the Game Bar and Windows 10 itself

and i would like to know how to change a preferred microphone when recording with XBOX Game Bar

for instance, the current situation i'm having is that i have my USB Microphone Headset and would like to use that instead of the built-in microphone(which i guess it's the Default) on my laptop, is there any way to do this? i didn't found any solution so far, or perhaps it is just me who searched the wrong key word..

Note : i know that it's called "XBOX Game Bar" but then i set this topic to Windows Setting cause' essentially the XBOX Game Bar is in Windows Setting..

:)

AksaraDewa, Oct 21, 2019

2. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Dragondog Win User

How Do You Choose a Different Mic in Game Bar?

G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

How Do You Choose a Different Mic in Game Bar?

1. How Do You Choose a Different Mic in Game Bar? - Similar Threads - Choose Different Mic

2. How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?: My microphone works but isn't being picked up on the game bar. It says its detecting my mic in the audio settings but nothing shows up in the party, can't hear people either. Works in other apps such as discord but not it the game bar party. Seeing if anyone has had similar...
  3. How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?: My microphone works but isn't being picked up on the game bar. It says its detecting my mic in the audio settings but nothing shows up in the party, can't hear people either. Works in other apps such as discord but not it the game bar party. Seeing if anyone has had similar...
  4. Xbox game bar mic issue

Xbox game bar mic issue: Hello, the issue I’m dealing with here is that Xbox game bar lowers my mic quality whenever I join a party with my friends. They say that it sounds like I’m either speaking under water or like a robot. The mic or wires are not the issue here, as I have no problem joining and...
  5. mic only working in game bar

mic only working in game bar: mic is only working in game bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-only-working-in-game-bar/c9a02712-e909-4840-8a87-83a6010423ec
  6. How Do You Choose a Different Mic in Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do You Choose a Different Mic in Game Bar?: So the xbox game bar uses only my built in mic on laptop rather than using my headsets microphone even my headsets mic is the default. I disable the microphone that built in the laptop but game bar still used the same microphone even it was disabled. So i decided to uninstall...
  7. How to automatically capture mic on xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically capture mic on xbox game bar: Even if I enable the mic recording for xbox game bar, every time i click a new window, it turns off the mic recording. Is there a way to have it automatically turn on and stay on permanently? submitted by /u/Comfortable_Lamp [link] [comments]...
  8. Game Bar Not Capturing Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Not Capturing Mic: Hello everyone, I have an issue that is really bugging me. Im recording short 30 second clips of gameplays that I save, but apparently my voice isnt captured. My friend’s voices do get captured but mine arent. Help please!...
  9. Game Bar Mic Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Mic Problem: Game Bar doesnt record mic or other people im talking to through discord when turned on "All" but when turned on "game only" it records mic but doesnt record my system sound such as talking to people through discord. I use the "Record That" feature to get highlights of...
  10. Choose how you download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Choose how you download: There is a tutorial for the settings 'choice of downloads' One response wrote:" the LAN peering support will help a *lot* of my clients with low bandwidth and metered connections" Today for the Feb 9 download I purposefully turned the laptop on and to the settings/update as...