Windows 10: How do you clean the driver store?

Discus and support How do you clean the driver store? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all long time no post. Been looking at my C drive (Pro 64 bit) and under RecoveryImage folder there is a Drivers folder containing 25gb of files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by banger, Mar 3, 2017.

1. banger Win User

How do you clean the driver store?

Hi all long time no post.

Been looking at my C drive (Pro 64 bit) and under RecoveryImage folder there is a Drivers folder containing 25gb of files, how to clean this up seems rather excessive?

:)

banger, Mar 3, 2017

2. How do you clean registry?

You are correct, you should not clean registry if at all possible, even with a tool. If you have to go that route, make certain you have a restore point. McAfee has on their site a tool that is supposed to clean everything, but I know for a fact that there
    are still files and folders left on the system. You can download Revo or Geeks Uninstaller, either one should eradicate it if you follow the directions correctly. My past experience with McAfee has also not been positive. Research your options, Windows Defender
    sure isn't bad. Just supplement it with an additional malware scanner and exploit shield.

I'm a big fan of Emsisoft, it's light and user friendly. It's here to stay on my machine. I also have a stand-alone anti-exploit shield, and that's also here to stay. That's it for real-time protection. My machine can breathe again.

ESET online scanner is one of the better free on-demand scanners but it takes a LONG time. Still, its detection rate is very high, for all kinds of garbage. It's really good to have a-couple of on-demand scanners in your downloads. They stay dormant until
    you install/update them.

GhettoWonderland, Mar 3, 2017
  3. How do you clean registry?

I use a piece of software called CCleaner. The big factor is that it is free!!

It will go through the registry and clean out all orphaned bits that are left behind after un-installs, etc.

It works very well

Douglas

Douglas Harrison, Mar 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member
  5. banger Win User
    banger, Mar 4, 2017
  6. TairikuOkami, Mar 4, 2017
  7. banger Win User
    I don't I use Reflect. I don't think this has anything to do with drive recovery.

banger, Mar 4, 2017
  8. How do you clean the driver store?

I do not have that folder. Have you upgraded 10 or used the insider version before?
    It looks like it is a way to reload a previous installation when the current one fails.
    People say, they removed without problems, but it is suggested to backup it anyway.

TairikuOkami, Mar 4, 2017
  9. banger Win User
    Fresh install although upgraded to Anniversary when it came out.

banger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do you clean the driver store?

1. How do you clean the driver store? - Similar Threads - clean driver store

2. How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?: My Microsoft Store keeps saying "Sorry about that!" the second I open it and I keep refreshing, restarting and shutting down the computer, but nothing works. I've also followed several different tutorials, but none of them worked. I have a school ThinkPad. How do I fix this?...
  3. How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you fix Microsoft Store from not letting you do things on it?: My Microsoft Store keeps saying "Sorry about that!" the second I open it and I keep refreshing, restarting and shutting down the computer, but nothing works. I've also followed several different tutorials, but none of them worked. I have a school ThinkPad. How do I fix this?...
  4. How do you fix incompatible driver if you removed device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix incompatible driver if you removed device: How do you fix incompatible drivers if I removed device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-incompatible-driver-if-you-removed/e41cb9b6-ee22-4a11-a716-0263d9126a5d
  5. How do you fix incompatible driver if you removed device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you fix incompatible driver if you removed device: How do you fix incompatible drivers if I removed device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-incompatible-driver-if-you-removed/e41cb9b6-ee22-4a11-a716-0263d9126a5d
  6. How do you buy from the microsoft store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do you buy from the microsoft store?: I want to buy Freda+. I am logged in to my Microsoft account. There is a valid and active credit card on file for billing. I can find Freda+ in the Microsoft store. I am in its web store page. Now what. There is no buy now button....
  7. How do a clean-up a you-tube transcript

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do a clean-up a you-tube transcript: Most you-tube videos have a transcript of what was said in the video when you click on the vertical 3 dots. I want to keep the text and you can "toggle' the timestamp on it before you copy/paste it into word But I'm left with a narrow transcript because it uses the...
  8. If you uninstall a driver that is hidden. How do you then reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If you uninstall a driver that is hidden. How do you then reinstall it.: My laptop is a dell g3 i5. my gtx 1050 ti became undetected for some reason. I then uninstalled it in hopes to reinstall it and for it to work. Now I can't reinstall it. Help submitted by /u/theal2345 [link] [comments]...
  9. how do you download itunes driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do you download itunes driver: how do you download iTunes driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-download-itunes-driver/b244c6cc-1423-4296-854a-623cd9bd1da4
  10. How do YOU clean install ? Do you follow a plan ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do YOU clean install ? Do you follow a plan ?: Thanks for the kind words Ed *Smile At some point I would like to do a TUT, in particular for installing and using AOMEI. Not enough hours in the day at the moment.