Windows 10: How do you create a new folder containing multiple selected files?

Discus and support How do you create a new folder containing multiple selected files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ... it is a very simple question. How do I create a new folder from a selection? I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure it out on my own,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by katie.is.epicDAMMIT, Mar 24, 2019.

1. How do you create a new folder containing multiple selected files?

... it is a very simple question. How do I create a new folder from a selection? I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure it out on my own, but hey, here we are. Anyone?

:)

katie.is.epicDAMMIT, Mar 24, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 24, 2019
  3. I cant create a new folder in windows 10

Hi,

As the scans were not able to find any corrupted system files, we recommend that you try creating a new folder through
    File Explorer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "file explorer" to open File Explorer.
    • Click Desktop.
    • Under the Home tab, select the New folder option.
    • Create a name for your folder.

Let us know if you were able to create a new folder by following the steps provided.

Dennis Mop, Mar 24, 2019
  4. How do you create a new folder containing multiple selected files?

Create new folder takes too long

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue specific when creating a new folder or you feel slowness in overall performance of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    I suggest you to restart the file explorer and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Restart File explorer.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate Windows Explorer.

• Right Click Windows Explorer and select End Task.

• Now select on File tab and click Run Task.

• Type explorer.exe and press ok.

• Check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

How do you create a new folder containing multiple selected files?

1. How do you create a new folder containing multiple selected files? - Similar Threads - create folder containing

2. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  3. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  4. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Move multiple folders that contains specific files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move multiple folders that contains specific files: [ATTACH] Hello everyone. I need help. I am driving crazy with something that may be simple. I have a folder with 5000 movies. See the screenshot: https://preview.redd.it/qtseh9wul0ga1.png?width=1437&format=png&auto=webp&s=bde881bb11363c8d33c320639653b9fc21cd373b I want...
  6. How do I create separate PDFs from files contained in individual folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create separate PDFs from files contained in individual folders?: Hello!Thank you for assisting! I have multiple folders with 80ish photos in each folder and I am using Adobe pro to combine all photos into one pdf. Right now I am just right clicking each folder and waiting for each file to load then combining and then saving it. I have...
  7. How to create a view of files contained across multiple directories

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a view of files contained across multiple directories: Windows 10: The Objective: Create a virtual directory of files contained in multiple directories, essentially a view. The list of files in the virtual directory should have the file attributes available as well. DIR1 FileA1 FileA2 FileB1 DIR2 FileA3 FileA4 FileB2 ---->...
  8. How do you create a new System Folder?

How do you create a new System Folder?: Howdy, How do you create a new System Folder in addition to Documents, Music, Pictures, etc...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-create-a-new-system-folder/e6ce7ddd-d63d-4ff2-bebd-d627798b9e9f
  9. How to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab

How to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab: Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.628 I would like to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab. I see that the "Contacts", "Desktop", "Documents", "Downloads" folders, to name a few, have "Location" tabs. I THINK they are referred to as "Personal"...
  10. How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I select multiple files in a folder from a list of file names: HI, I have a folder containing 9,987 .jpg's of which I need to copy about 500 of to a different folder. I have the file names in a .txt file on separate lines as well as in a .csv worksheet. I don't want to find them individually to select/copy them. Also, I'm only a little...