Windows 10: How do you deactivate your windows 10 product key?

Discus and support How do you deactivate your windows 10 product key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I activated my windows 10 by using the command prompt method but now I feel like it was not very safe so I was wondering if I can deactivate it so that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/olafjansen, Nov 15, 2019.

1. How do you deactivate your windows 10 product key?

I activated my windows 10 by using the command prompt method but now I feel like it was not very safe so I was wondering if I can deactivate it so that I can purchase a real windows key. Or if anyone knows, is the command prompt method safe?

submitted by /u/olafjansen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/olafjansen, Nov 15, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

Deactivating key does not deactivate Windows.

According to EULA, if you have an oem key, that cannot be transferred to new pc.

If key is retail, you either sell pc with windows and key, or you keep key and wipe windows.

cereberus, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Brink Win User

Deactivating Windows will not remove it from Microsoft's activation server.

It just simply deactivates Windows on the PC itself. This would only be helpful if say you're giving or selling the computer to someone, and don't want it to be activated with your retail product key.

You would only need to either uninstall or deactivate Windows on any other PC that you plan on using the same retail product key (license) on a new PC.

Brink, Nov 15, 2019
  4. How do you deactivate your windows 10 product key?

I have a HP with win 10 on it. I'd like to sell it. So to keep win 10 on it but deactivate the product key they would just have to what buy a product key?

Bsquaredboone, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

How do you deactivate your windows 10 product key?

1. How do you deactivate your windows 10 product key? - Similar Threads - deactivate product key

2. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  3. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  4. Deactivate product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deactivate product key: Hi, Can anyone guide me on how i can deactivate the key product and move the product key on a new device? The existing win 10 version is an upgrade from win 7 premium. If that helps? TIA...
  5. How Do I Deactivate the Windows and Get the Product Key?

How Do I Deactivate the Windows and Get the Product Key?: Hey I bought a new laptop and It came preisntalled with Windows 10. But I want to use Linux on that computer. Can I deactivate the Windows and get the product key to activate another computer?...
  6. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation: I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties and wrote down the code at the bottom of the page, then i looked up online how to deactivate the code and i found that you go...
  7. How to find your Windows 10 Product Key

How to find your Windows 10 Product Key: Hi, Is there an official way to find which Windows 10 key you are using on your machine? I've seen a few 3rd party software that does this, but before using those, and risk having my key send to their servers, I would like to know if there is an official way to find it....
  8. Product Key Deactivation

Product Key Deactivation: Hi all, I bought Windows 10 Home Edition when I built my PC a couple of years ago and I am now going to be selling it to build a new one. I will be keeping my SSD which Windows and other programs are currently installed on, putting in a new one and installing Windows on...
  9. How to reactivate windows 10 product key, once deactivated?

How to reactivate windows 10 product key, once deactivated?: I accidently deactivated it while i was using command prompt (admin). Now, i am unable to access some built-in features & I don't have original product key with me now. Is there any way to reactivate my key?...
  10. Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10: How to: Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10 How to Uninstall Product Key to Deactivate Windows 10 Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasnt been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow....