Windows 10: How do you deal with windows that won't position correctly?

Discus and support How do you deal with windows that won't position correctly? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.1550) When I click on a work order at the bottom it'd be nice if it'd appear on screen rather than 9/10th... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Handler, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Handler Win User

How do you deal with windows that won't position correctly?

Hello!

Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.1550)

When I click on a work order at the bottom it'd be nice if it'd appear on screen rather than 9/10th off screen.

I cannot figure how to NOT have this window appear off screen.

How do you deal with windows that won't position correctly? [​IMG]

I've dragged it back into the window and then closed it. And then re-open the work order and it's back off the side of the screen again.

This makes ZERO sense and it's been driving me crazy since about April when we call started to work from home. Just trying to make my life a little less painful!

Thanks for any and all help!
    Dave

:)

Handler, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Save Window Position

Hi Shane,

Saving the window size/position when opening a message to a new window is easy. Simply follow the steps below on how to do so:

• Open a message in a new window.
    • Press and hold the Ctrl button on your keyboard and click on the
      X button at upper right corner of the window to close it.
    • When you open a message in another window, the size/position of the window should be saved.
    If you have other questions, do let us know.

Dyan Rey, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Saving windows position

Hi Christoffer,

I've tried to replicate what you want to achieve. I tested a few Windows apps (Weather app, Paint app, and Skype app) and I was able to set the size and the position of each app. When I close and open an app, it opens right where I placed its floating window.
    You may follow these steps:

1. Open an app or a program.
    2. Resize its window according to your preferrence.
    3. Right-click on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Size to lock the window size.
    4. Move the window to your desired position.
    5. Right-click again on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Move to lock its position.
    6. Close the app or program and then relaunch it.

Please let me know how it goes for you so I'll be able to further check on this in case the above steps won't help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 7, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

1. How do you deal with windows that won't position correctly? - Similar Threads - deal won't position

2. MoAppCrash how do i deal with this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MoAppCrash how do i deal with this?: SummaryStopped workingDate‎12/‎2/‎2024 8:16 pmStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3968.54146.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\game\HaloInfinite.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:...
  3. MoAppCrash how do i deal with this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MoAppCrash how do i deal with this?: SummaryStopped workingDate‎12/‎2/‎2024 8:16 pmStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.254428597CFE2_1.3968.54146.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\game\HaloInfinite.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:...
  4. How to deal with Updates that won't Install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deal with Updates that won't Install?: I've got an update, KB5034122, that repeatedly fails to install on my windows 10, 22H2, Build 19045.3803. I get error code 0x8007007e. In fact, I have received 22 of these daily dating back to 1/13/2024. Prior to that, the same update failed to install on 1/11/2024, error...
  5. How to deal with Updates that won't Install?

How to deal with Updates that won't Install?: I've got an update, KB5034122, that repeatedly fails to install on my windows 10, 22H2, Build 19045.3803. I get error code 0x8007007e. In fact, I have received 22 of these daily dating back to 1/13/2024. Prior to that, the same update failed to install on 1/11/2024, error...
  6. How to deal with Updates that won't Install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to deal with these?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deal with these?: I had a bad resetting experience after - the following apps doesn't work and unusable:> Wordpad> MS Store> PaintMoreover, opening text and making batch files, as long as creating things from Paint are all impaired activities.There's a error saying:What to do?...
  8. How to deal with these?

How to deal with these?: I had a bad resetting experience after - the following apps doesn't work and unusable:> Wordpad> MS Store> PaintMoreover, opening text and making batch files, as long as creating things from Paint are all impaired activities.There's a error saying:What to do?...
  9. How do you correct for Windows Update 0x8024a105?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you correct for Windows Update 0x8024a105?: Have being trying to update windows for several weeks and each time it fails and give the error code 0x8024a105. What needs to be done to correct this situation?...
  10. Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it?

in Browsers and Email
    Gooodbye to EDGE, how do I deal with it?: *Mad I finally set FireFox back to default. Edge used to work very well, for the first month or so. But now: 1) I can't copy any text or links from an open page and paste it into another page like I can with every other browser I use. 2) Sometimes clicking on...