Windows 10: How do you define search kind extensions for searches?

Discus and support How do you define search kind extensions for searches? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you define an Image when you search? For example, when I search and use 'kind:=picture', I get a my autocad .dwg files in my search results as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cosmarchy, May 29, 2021.

1. cosmarchy Win User

How do you define search kind extensions for searches?

How do you define an Image when you search? For example, when I search and use 'kind:=picture', I get a my autocad .dwg files in my search results as well as .jpg, .gif etc So, how do you tell Windows, which file extensions constitute a picture (or any other file extension for that matter)? Thanks Windows version 1903 (build 18362.836)

:)

cosmarchy, May 29, 2021
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, May 29, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Search Question

I've done some searching on here over the years, and mostly been aggravated at the results. Case in point: 5 minutes ago I went to search for anyone having issues with 5.1 audio on Wolfenstein new order. So, I started simple with
    New Order
    . that didn't go well. So, I swapped to "New Order". That gave me this result

Search Results for Query: "new order"
    • The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: new
    Is there any way to change or improve our search engine? Or is there a better way to search for something like that?

Ahhzz, May 29, 2021
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 29, 2021
Thema:

1. How do you define search kind extensions for searches? - Similar Threads - define search kind

2. quick search extension

in Cortana
    quick search extension: is "quick search extension" really from Microsoft, or is it a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-search-extension/6cc15d37-d988-4644-9c13-e2063bb8c68f
  3. Can't do wildcard search for file extensions in explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't do wildcard search for file extensions in explorer?: This is weird, I'm trying to find all the *.mov files in my dropbox folder on my C: drive. I seem to be able to find *.JPG (when I use *.jpg lower case), or at least some of them, but *.mov and *.pdf etc doesn't work. The search returns nothing. But I can see them, they are...
  4. How do you revert to the old search box?

How do you revert to the old search box?: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/how-to-revert-to-the-old-search-box.277040/ Basically I'm having the same problem as this person. I signed in to my microsoft account and now it's switched to this new design submitted by /u/Lurkers_of_Reddit [link] [comments]...
  5. How do you disable Bing from the taskbar search?

How do you disable Bing from the taskbar search?: I had this disabled previously through an old registry edit I had found, but with the Cortana change in 2004, typing in the search bar brings up Bing search results again. I was going to post this in the weekly question thread, but there isn't one for some reason. submitted...
  6. optinum search extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    optinum search extension: WIN 7 ive tried every suggestion ive found to detach or eliminate this extension. caNNOT GET RID OF IT.... is there a MS patch ????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/optinum-search-extension/70d8b58a-1163-4381-a4fa-d9a9e3ae6e0c
  7. How do you identify usb port to define in dos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you identify usb port to define in dos: Microsoft said go to devices, usb and hit the + sign. no + sign. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-identify-usb-port-to-define-in-dos/b3d9dc7e-cdd5-4433-8326-9c93307da61b
  8. how do you remove searches from task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you remove searches from task bar: how do you remove searches from task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-you-remove-searches-from-task-bar/01453ef3-8c3e-485c-9ea4-8a0c63041c33"
  9. How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt: Hello, So, I'm looking for quite a detailed search in CMD or RUN (not sure if they are the same), which is searching disk C for all the documents with extension txt also having 150kb. I've got Windows 10 Home if that helps? Many thanks Mihaela 101203
  10. How do you narrow Win 10 search criteria

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you narrow Win 10 search criteria: When you think you know part of a file name, how do you search only for files on "this PC" that have that word or words in the file name. I may be missing something but when I search, I get everything that has the search word anywhere in it and I am left with hundreds of...