Windows 10: How do you define search kind extensions for searches?

Discus and support How do you define search kind extensions for searches? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you define an Image when you search? For example, when I search and use 'kind:=picture', I get a my autocad .dwg files in my search results as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cosmarchy, May 29, 2021.

1. cosmarchy Win User

How do you define search kind extensions for searches?

How do you define an Image when you search? For example, when I search and use 'kind:=picture', I get a my autocad .dwg files in my search results as well as .jpg, .gif etc So, how do you tell Windows, which file extensions constitute a picture (or any other file extension for that matter)? Thanks Windows version 1903 (build 18362.836)

:)

cosmarchy, May 29, 2021
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, May 29, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Search Question

I've done some searching on here over the years, and mostly been aggravated at the results. Case in point: 5 minutes ago I went to search for anyone having issues with 5.1 audio on Wolfenstein new order. So, I started simple with
    New Order
    . that didn't go well. So, I swapped to "New Order". That gave me this result

Search Results for Query: "new order"
    • The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: new
    Is there any way to change or improve our search engine? Or is there a better way to search for something like that?

Ahhzz, May 29, 2021
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 29, 2021
Thema:

1. How do you define search kind extensions for searches? - Similar Threads - define search kind

2. How do you turn on trending searches in search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you turn on trending searches in search?: My trending searches are gone in search and I'm trying to turn them back on, but I can't.Reply ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-turn-on-trending-searches-in-search/48cdcc97-3036-418a-a302-9dfc87128a9e
  3. How do you turn on trending searches in search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you turn on trending searches in search?: My trending searches are gone in search and I'm trying to turn them back on, but I can't.Reply ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-turn-on-trending-searches-in-search/48cdcc97-3036-418a-a302-9dfc87128a9e
  4. How do you turn on trending searches in search?

in Cortana
  5. Searching by "kind" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching by "kind" in File Explorer: I know how to search by kind in File Explorer eg kind:picture returns all files that are pictures but I would like to know if there is a way to search for everything but a particular kind of file - for example when I want to see every file that is not a picture....
  6. Searching by "kind" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching by "kind" in File Explorer: I know how to search by kind in File Explorer eg kind:picture returns all files that are pictures but I would like to know if there is a way to search for everything but a particular kind of file - for example when I want to see every file that is not a picture....
  7. Searching by "kind" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. quick search extension

in Cortana
    quick search extension: is "quick search extension" really from Microsoft, or is it a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-search-extension/6cc15d37-d988-4644-9c13-e2063bb8c68f
  9. optinum search extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    optinum search extension: WIN 7 ive tried every suggestion ive found to detach or eliminate this extension. caNNOT GET RID OF IT.... is there a MS patch ????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/optinum-search-extension/70d8b58a-1163-4381-a4fa-d9a9e3ae6e0c
  10. How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt: Hello, So, I'm looking for quite a detailed search in CMD or RUN (not sure if they are the same), which is searching disk C for all the documents with extension txt also having 150kb. I've got Windows 10 Home if that helps? Many thanks Mihaela 101203