Windows 10: how do you delete a display driver and replace?

Discus and support how do you delete a display driver and replace? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to solve another problem, and this one came up. A suggestion was made to delete or disable my display driver. How can you do that? Wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfuglein, Aug 30, 2019.

1. cfuglein Win User

how do you delete a display driver and replace?

I'm trying to solve another problem, and this one came up. A suggestion was made to delete or disable my display driver. How can you do that? Wouldn't the monitor stop working and you wouldn't be able to see your screen? I really want to do this, as other options aren't working either.

:)

cfuglein, Aug 30, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Incorrect display adapter driver for my Asus K42JK laptop

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What happens when trying to install the right driver? Do you receive any error?

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 30, 2019
  4. how do you delete a display driver and replace?

Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

how do you delete a display driver and replace?

1. how do you delete a display driver and replace? - Similar Threads - delete display driver

2. how do you delete a display driver and replace?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    how do you delete a display driver and replace?: I'm trying to solve another problem, and this one came up. A suggestion was made to delete or disable my display driver. How can you do that? Wouldn't the monitor stop working and you wouldn't be able to see your screen? I really want to do this, as other options aren't...
  3. How do I delete Driver Easy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete Driver Easy?: In a fit of frustration, I made the mistake of downloading Drver Easy. I ran the Free scan and didn't find what I wanted, and now I can't find it to delete it. I tried Revo Uninstaller latest version and can't find it. Any suggestions? 139484
  4. How do I delete Driver Easy?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete Driver Easy?: In a fit of frustration, I made the mistake of downloading Drver Easy. I ran the Free scan and didn't find what I wanted, and now I can't find it to delete it. I tried Revo Uninstaller latest version and can't find it. Any suggestions? 139484
  5. Driver replacement.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver replacement.: I want to use my iomega usb floppy drive on my upgraded to Win10 laptop. It function fine before 10 was installed I tried with the original CD but no luck . Any help ?...
  6. How do you delete a wake timer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you delete a wake timer?: I've finally found a script that claims to stop Windows Update booting my machine when it is powered off by rendering the UpdateOrchestrator "reboot" scheduled task toothless. Maybe it will work. In the meantime the trouble is that I still have one wake timer that has already...
  7. how do you download itunes driver

how do you download itunes driver: how do you download iTunes driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-download-itunes-driver/b244c6cc-1423-4296-854a-623cd9bd1da4
  8. How do you delete a entry you have posted on here ????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you delete a entry you have posted on here ????: Hi, Will some one please let me know , Which "Tool" you can use on here to "Delete" A post you have already made on "Ask a Question" ????...
  9. How do you clean the driver store?

How do you clean the driver store?: Hi all long time no post. Been looking at my C drive (Pro 64 bit) and under RecoveryImage folder there is a Drivers folder containing 25gb of files, how to clean this up seems rather excessive? 78619
  10. How do you delete Windows.old folder after update?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you delete Windows.old folder after update?: Insider updates from 10130 to 10158 to 10159 to 10162 in fairly quick succession, and tried to delete Windows.old. After an age at 98%, then having to manually skip a load of stuff, it still seems as full as ever. Is there an easy way to remove the folder? 7985