Windows 10: how do you delete a display driver and replace?

Discus and support how do you delete a display driver and replace? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm trying to solve another problem, and this one came up. A suggestion was made to delete or disable my display driver. How can you do that? Wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cfuglein, Aug 30, 2019.

1. cfuglein Win User

how do you delete a display driver and replace?

I'm trying to solve another problem, and this one came up. A suggestion was made to delete or disable my display driver. How can you do that? Wouldn't the monitor stop working and you wouldn't be able to see your screen? I really want to do this, as other options aren't working either.

:)

cfuglein, Aug 30, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Incorrect display adapter driver for my Asus K42JK laptop

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What happens when trying to install the right driver? Do you receive any error?

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 30, 2019
  4. how do you delete a display driver and replace?

Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

how do you delete a display driver and replace?

1. how do you delete a display driver and replace? - Similar Threads - delete display driver

2. Deleting Display Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Display Drivers: HeySo I have a mad BSoD problem and I have been told to use the DDU tool to remove Display drivers before reinstalling them.However, I realized that the graphics driver installed is not the one I installed, it's already there somewhere on the computer.I used DDU again and...
  3. Deleting Display Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Display Drivers: HeySo I have a mad BSoD problem and I have been told to use the DDU tool to remove Display drivers before reinstalling them.However, I realized that the graphics driver installed is not the one I installed, it's already there somewhere on the computer.I used DDU again and...
  4. How do you delete settings.dat?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you delete settings.dat?: Hello, I have a question on how to delete settings.dat. I want to delete it because I was trying to shrink the c partition but it wouldn't let me because of settings.dat. Does anyone know how to delete/disable this file?...
  5. How do you delete a folder

How do you delete a folder: I am trying to delete a folder which is in Users. The folder is titled Public and I want to delete it. However when I do this, I get a message saying I need permission from...me. I tried going into the properties and changing the ownership of the file to every available...
  6. How do you replace a folder in Win 10

How do you replace a folder in Win 10: When I try to paste a folder where there is already a folder of the same name, instead of replacing the folder that's there, windows now "merges" the folders. I at least set it so that it tells me. But how do you actually replace the folder with the new one? The box that...
  7. How Do You Delete Updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do You Delete Updates?: For the past several months my pc just refuses to install updates, as when it restarts after installing them it says "Undoing changes made to your pc" Lately I get a notification saying "Time to install updates" I always end up clicking Wait an Hour. But is there a way to...
  8. how do you delete a user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you delete a user account: I need to change the primary User account and add the administrator as the User https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-delete-a-user-account/d5324134-f3e4-45fd-95aa-fa0fff98ca58
  9. how do you delete a display driver and replace?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do you delete a display driver and replace?: I'm trying to solve another problem, and this one came up. A suggestion was made to delete or disable my display driver. How can you do that? Wouldn't the monitor stop working and you wouldn't be able to see your screen? I really want to do this, as other options aren't...
  10. How do you delete a wake timer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you delete a wake timer?: I've finally found a script that claims to stop Windows Update booting my machine when it is powered off by rendering the UpdateOrchestrator "reboot" scheduled task toothless. Maybe it will work. In the meantime the trouble is that I still have one wake timer that has already...