Windows 10: How do you delete a file from the WordPad list?

Discus and support How do you delete a file from the WordPad list? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do you delete a file from the WordPad list? * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: WordPad Files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnArgabright, Jan 11, 2021 at 3:12 AM.

1. How do you delete a file from the WordPad list?

How do you delete a file from the WordPad list?

* Moved from IE10/other

* Original title: WordPad Files

:)

JohnArgabright, Jan 11, 2021 at 3:12 AM
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To clear the Recent Docs list in Wordpad, please refer the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Close Wordpad.
    2. Type Command Prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    3. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    4. Now, copy the following command and paste in Command Prompt window:
      cmd /k reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Wordpad\Recent File List" /f
      and hit Enter.
    5. After executing the command, restart the computer, open
      Wordpad and check Recent Docs list.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

3. WordPad Files

How do I delete files listed when I click on the "FILES" heading while using the WordPad?

4. How do you delete a file from the WordPad list?

Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Thema:

How do you delete a file from the WordPad list?

1. How do you delete a file from the WordPad list? - Similar Threads - delete file WordPad

2. How do you install wordpad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you install wordpad.: I used to have wordpad but then I accidentally deleted it. How do you install it back. I searched it up on the internet but they tell me to go to settings->apps & features->optional features->add a feature However for me in "add a feature" there is no wordpad option. How...
  3. Is it safe to delete the file that they do in this tutorial? ("How do you want to open this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to delete the file that they do in this tutorial? ("How do you want to open this...: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx5pAviLSIE&ab_channel=idea I have been having this issue that appears to be solved by this tutorial, but I am skeptical to just go and delete a file that I know nothing about, especially when it is in the Users folder. Any help would be...
  4. How do you delete recent files list from 'File' tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you delete recent files list from 'File' tab: Hi I've searched around and can't seem to find an answer to this one. In microsoft works 9.0 spreadsheet on the 'File' tab [top left corner of program] is there a way to delete the list of recent used files? There is no option from the program itself so maybe it will...
  5. How Do You Delete Updates?

How Do You Delete Updates?: For the past several months my pc just refuses to install updates, as when it restarts after installing them it says "Undoing changes made to your pc" Lately I get a notification saying "Time to install updates" I always end up clicking Wait an Hour. But is there a way to...
  6. how do you delete a user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you delete a user account: I need to change the primary User account and add the administrator as the User https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-delete-a-user-account/d5324134-f3e4-45fd-95aa-fa0fff98ca58
  7. How do you undo deleting temporary files (Help!)

How do you undo deleting temporary files (Help!): I was clearing space on my computer and was using delete temporary files. I had lots of important documentation in my downloads folder. I accidentally clicked delete temporary files in my downloads folder and the files are all gone and I have no backup of these files. How do...
  8. In Window 10 How do you turn a Wordpad document to landscape?

In Window 10 How do you turn a Wordpad document to landscape?: How do I get WordPad to change the page orientation from portrait to landscape? Plus any other benefits that people who "Upgraded to Windows 10 who had Office installed" (earlier questions) got from Word? I have a custom computer which came with Windows 10 installed. Office...
  9. How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?: How do you close a single file and/or clear a file from the Recent Docs list in Wordpad? This applies to using Wordpad from any device. ***Modified title from: Closing files in Wordpad ***...
  10. Deleting recent documents from WordPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting recent documents from WordPad: What steps should I take to delete recent documents from WordPad on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-recent-documents-from-wordpad/ac52e1e0-013c-4352-8dc6-754dffa5d1ef