Windows 10: How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do you set Microsoft Edge to delete browsing history on exit, like you could with Internet Explorer? [img] 9384 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ARC1020, Jul 28, 2015.

1. ARC1020 Win User

How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

How do you set Microsoft Edge to delete browsing history on exit, like you could with Internet Explorer?

How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

:)

ARC1020, Jul 28, 2015

2. Deleting browsing history etc. automatically when closing Microsoft Edge

I just finished installing Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge. I was looking to select "delete browsing history upon exit" and could not locate it. I did manually clear all history. In several customer comments and replies, I learned Edge does not have
    this feature. MICROSOFT - IMMEDIATELY SEND OUT A MICROSOFT 10 UPDATE TO ADD "DELETE BROWSING HISTORY UPON EXIT" FEATURE. Thank you.

R. Curington, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Delete browsing history on Windows 10

Hello,

You may follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: To delete the browsing history in Edge, please follow the below procedure.

In Microsoft Edge, go to More > Settings, and under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear, and then select the check box (es) for the information you want to clear.

Disclaimer: When you clear browsing data, all the Auto fill data, Browsing history, User credentials, Bookmarks, etc., related to Microsoft Edge will be lost.

Method 2: To delete the browsing history in Internet Explorer, Please follow the below steps:

1. In Internet Explorer for the desktop, click the Tools button, point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history.

2. Select the types of data or files you want to remove from your PC, and then tap or click Delete.

Method 3: To delete the browsing history on exit in Internet Explorer, Please follow the below steps:

1. In Internet Explorer for the desktop, click the Tools button, select Internet Options.

2. In the Browsing History section of the General tab, Place a tick mark for delete browsing history on exit.

If you select this option, Every time you exit Internet Explorer you browser history gets deleted.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Deepak Kodi, Jul 28, 2015
  4. How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

In Microsoft Edge click on the Hub the 3 lines icon then the Clock Icon (history) on right side top click clear history

Tenderfoot, Jul 29, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    You can also install ccleaner and ask it to delete the history. It can do much more besides so you need to go through and untick anything you don't want it to remove.

swarfega, Jul 29, 2015
  6. mike6623 Win User
    Did anyone read his question? He is asking how to set it to auto delete when you close edge. Like you can in firefox or IE. I am sure he knows how to clean his history manually. I would like to know how to do this as well.

mike6623, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Tony K Win User
    There is no way to set it to automatically delete. One must do it manually.

Tony K, Jul 30, 2015
  8. How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

Search Windows/Internet Options/Internet Properties/General/Delete browsing history on exit (must be check).

MikeMecanic, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Tony K Win User
    Nice find and solution, Mike. *Thumbs

Tony K, Jul 30, 2015
  10. ARC1020 Win User
    I no longer have Windows 10 installed to try it anymore, however what you just described sounds like the setting for Internet Explorer, rather than Microsoft Edge. Does the box you described look like the picture in my original post by any chance?

ARC1020, Jul 30, 2015
  11. Tony K Win User
    Hi there. I think this feature "Internet options" is now a global settings aspect of the OS itself no matter which browser one uses. I'm thing it uses the program Disk Cleanup or that part of it to accomplish this. Not totally sure though.

Tony K, Jul 30, 2015
  12. In Windows 10, click on the Windows icon in the toolbar, then choose Settings, then Network & Internet, the first option is for your WiFi settings, but if you look below under Related Settings you will see one titled Internet Options. Click that and it will open a box just like previous versions of Windows. Under the General tab you will find the Delete History on Exit. Something else they changed is the location of your cookie controls. They are still under the Privacy tab but now you have to click the Advanced button to see and set parameters for cookies. The Sites button still allows you to allow or disallow cookies for specific sites. Now for the disclaimer, I don't know if these settings apply to both IE and Edge or just IE since Edge also has a more limited settings function you can access when you are using it.

Hope this helps!

Sabrepilot, Aug 2, 2015
  13. Tony K Win User

Hi there. Not sure what edition you have or what build, but my path is a little different.

Insiders Windows 10 Pro Build 10240.

Settings > Network & Internet > Choose VPN, Dial-up, or Ethernet. (Proxy is to set up proxy). I chose Ethernet `because my PC is hardwired, although you can choose any of the three to reach Internet Options. Push that results in the Win32 popup Internet Properties box. Everything else seems correct.

BTW, all that Win32 UI will eventually get ported over to WinRT UI.

How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Tony K, Aug 3, 2015
  14. Maggelan Win User
    It doesn't clear Chrome's history on exit.

Maggelan, Aug 3, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    The whole point of having Edge work fast is the ability to pre-fetch data, info and history, etc.
    Clearing it on exit defeats the purpose. Clear it manually if you must.

Edwin, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Delete Browsing History

2. Do you delete your browsing history?

in Browsers and Email
    Do you delete your browsing history?: Do you delete your browsing history/cache files? 152650
  3. Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...: Hi I work from home and one website I use, I have 3 different log in names and passwords so, each time, i log out of the website, i need to click on "delete browsing history" before I can log back in under a different user name and password. I had, again, the Stop Code...
  4. how do I delete cookies and browsing history?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I delete cookies and browsing history?: how do I delete cookies and browsing history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-cookies-and-browsing-history/236c7fbb-879c-4d14-bfde-be05609c6891
  5. Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting: I have tried every suggestion in Google and still does not delete upon exiting (Windows 10) Is there a sure-fire way? I was in 7, switched to 10, back to 7 no problem. New laptop, using 10, won't delete....
  6. Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge: I recently went to the browsing history in my Microsoft Edge browser, and there are some sites missing. I went to a site called savethechildren.com through a click thru button on a site called MyPoints so that I could get points for my donation on Saturday, I think it was,...
  7. Deleted browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted browsing history: Well have as usual tried to find a solution out there but still no joy, as usual. Problem began when I kept, well still am getting, "Cannot find scriptfile xxxxxxx .vbs". Spent ages trying to find a solution using suggested remedies on the web, none worked. So I came across a...
  8. Edge browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browsing history: Hello, I read that to view your browsing history, select Hub > History. But I cannot find the Hub any thoughts? 18307
  9. How do I backup my Edge browsing history?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I backup my Edge browsing history?: I am preparing to reset my computer and wanted to backup my browsing history. Finding this info for Firefox & Chrome is no issue, but I've had no luck so far regarding Edge. Any idea where I could find some more information on doing this? 93438
  10. Google Chrome how to delete history on exit

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome how to delete history on exit: Hi all, I'm new to this forum and just registered myself to be able to post this question. Prior to registering I have searched through the forum but couldn't find an answer to my question. I would like to be able to delete or clear my internet history automatically...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone clear history on exit