Windows 10: How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The whole point of having Edge work fast is the ability to pre-fetch data, info and history, etc. Clearing it on exit defeats the purpose. Clear it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ARC1020, Jul 28, 2015.

1. aga171 Win User

How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

Really? Having to manually delete is a backward and insecure step. Until MS allow delete history on exit in Edge I will use other browsers. To me, it's as simple as that.

aga171, Aug 12, 2015

2. I know this is an old thread, but since it's the #1 result in Bing for "edge clear cookies on exit", I think it's helpful to put updated info here, since I never actually found the right answer on this thread *Smile

The process to do this on Edge is different than Internet Explorer, and it is possible, via "Settings":

Source: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/automa...g-history-exit

nathanbedford, Mar 3, 2018
  3. Hi,
    I've found the easiest way is to never open edge *Smile

ThrashZone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

1. How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Delete Browsing History

2. Do you delete your browsing history?

in Browsers and Email
    Do you delete your browsing history?: Do you delete your browsing history/cache files? 152650
  3. Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...: Hi I work from home and one website I use, I have 3 different log in names and passwords so, each time, i log out of the website, i need to click on "delete browsing history" before I can log back in under a different user name and password. I had, again, the Stop Code...
  4. how do I delete cookies and browsing history?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I delete cookies and browsing history?: how do I delete cookies and browsing history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-cookies-and-browsing-history/236c7fbb-879c-4d14-bfde-be05609c6891
  5. Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting: I have tried every suggestion in Google and still does not delete upon exiting (Windows 10) Is there a sure-fire way? I was in 7, switched to 10, back to 7 no problem. New laptop, using 10, won't delete....
  6. Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge: I recently went to the browsing history in my Microsoft Edge browser, and there are some sites missing. I went to a site called savethechildren.com through a click thru button on a site called MyPoints so that I could get points for my donation on Saturday, I think it was,...
  7. Deleted browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted browsing history: Well have as usual tried to find a solution out there but still no joy, as usual. Problem began when I kept, well still am getting, "Cannot find scriptfile xxxxxxx .vbs". Spent ages trying to find a solution using suggested remedies on the web, none worked. So I came across a...
  8. Edge browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browsing history: Hello, I read that to view your browsing history, select Hub > History. But I cannot find the Hub any thoughts? 18307
  9. How do I backup my Edge browsing history?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I backup my Edge browsing history?: I am preparing to reset my computer and wanted to backup my browsing history. Finding this info for Firefox & Chrome is no issue, but I've had no luck so far regarding Edge. Any idea where I could find some more information on doing this? 93438
  10. Google Chrome how to delete history on exit

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome how to delete history on exit: Hi all, I'm new to this forum and just registered myself to be able to post this question. Prior to registering I have searched through the forum but couldn't find an answer to my question. I would like to be able to delete or clear my internet history automatically...