Windows 10: How do you delete reparse point flags from multiple folders at once?

Discus and support How do you delete reparse point flags from multiple folders at once? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Backblaze.com has a page on its site titled "Can Backblaze backup my OneDrive folder? Windows"The short answer is Yes, but there are several technical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alexqgb, May 4, 2021.

1. alexqgb Win User

How do you delete reparse point flags from multiple folders at once?

Backblaze.com has a page on its site titled "Can Backblaze backup my OneDrive folder? Windows"The short answer is Yes, but there are several technical reasons why it may not work properly. Details follow, listed in order of increasing complexity, along with trouble shooting scripts. The lowest-level impediment is one where disabling the Files On-Demand feature fails to properly removed the Reparse Point flags from the folders inside the folder. These flags prevent Backblaze from backing up files in those folders.The page goes on to explain how to use Windows Power Shell to list all fold

:)

alexqgb, May 4, 2021

2. Reparse point deletion

Today I had to run a chkdsk on my drive

All goes ok when I read a message

Deleting extended attribute set due to the presence of reparse point ...

On the net I found that reparse points are like symlinks in Linux and I'm worried them deletion can cause problems

I seriously have to be worried about this?

SimoneMonacoVH, May 4, 2021
  3. File History and reparse points.

It turns out that File History hasn't been keeping a history of my important files. Ever. The error events say that the various folders in my home directory are reparse points. For example, it complains that C:\Users\whn\Documents is a reparse point.
    If I open that file's properties, it says that it is a folder, however there is a tab labeled Location which says "Files in the Documents folder are stored in the target location below." In the location below it says that the files are stored at "C:\Users\whn\Documents".
    That is to say, the reparse point is a folder that is stored where the reparse point is. ??

This can't be good. And it can't be normal, else File History would not be working for anybody. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I guess I could, for each of Desktop, Documents, etc., move the contents to a temp dir, delete the self-referential
    link, the rename the temp dir back to Desktop, Documents, etc... But that doesn't sound good.

So, I created a new user account, signed in, and discovered that it has the same pattern as my main account (desktop and documents are reparse points that refer to themselves). Which means it is normal for this version of Windows and that File History shouldn't
    be working for anyone anywhere. How can that be?

A couple of points: This is Windows 10 Pro version 1803. This machine is four years old and was originally a Windows 8 machine that got the free upgrade to 10.

I hope you can help, thanks!

WilliamNicholls1, May 4, 2021
  4. How do you delete reparse point flags from multiple folders at once?

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How do you delete reparse point flags from multiple folders at once? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How do you delete reparse point flags from multiple folders at once? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 4, 2021
Thema:

How do you delete reparse point flags from multiple folders at once?

1. How do you delete reparse point flags from multiple folders at once? - Similar Threads - delete reparse point

2. How to zip multiple folders at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to zip multiple folders at once: I want to zip multiple folders at once into their own zip files but I don't know how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-zip-multiple-folders-at-once/481502a6-9a58-4113-9c43-ed173748dd72
  3. How to zip multiple folders at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to zip multiple folders at once: I want to zip multiple folders at once into their own zip files but I don't know how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-zip-multiple-folders-at-once/481502a6-9a58-4113-9c43-ed173748dd72
  4. How to zip multiple folders at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't delete folder because "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid"

Can't delete folder because "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid": When trying to delete a folder that someone synced to their OneDrive, it gives the following error:"The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid"I've already chkdsk'd the C drive and there's no issues. I've tried to robocopy a blank folder of the same name over it...
  6. Can't delete folder because "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete folder because "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid": When trying to delete a folder that someone synced to their OneDrive, it gives the following error:"The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid"I've already chkdsk'd the C drive and there's no issues. I've tried to robocopy a blank folder of the same name over it...
  7. Can't delete folder because "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Reparse points aka Junctions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reparse points aka Junctions: File History backup fails with errors related to Reparse points.How can I delete all reparse points on my disc??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reparse-points-aka-junctions/7db35f2d-fd3d-421e-b587-9c5da8a03de9
  9. How do you delete a folder

How do you delete a folder: I am trying to delete a folder which is in Users. The folder is titled Public and I want to delete it. However when I do this, I get a message saying I need permission from...me. I tried going into the properties and changing the ownership of the file to every available...
  10. how do you flip multiple images at once?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you flip multiple images at once?: is there a way to do this?? flipping/rotating an image fixes an issue i've had for months but there's TONS of images i need to do this to. So does anyone know if it can be done? submitted by /u/toesmad [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove reparse points

2. win 10 the file directory is not reparase point