Windows 10: How Do You Delete Updates?

Discus and support How Do You Delete Updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the past several months my pc just refuses to install updates, as when it restarts after installing them it says "Undoing changes made to your pc"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darkchief114, Mar 4, 2020.

1. How Do You Delete Updates?

For the past several months my pc just refuses to install updates, as when it restarts after installing them it says "Undoing changes made to your pc" Lately I get a notification saying "Time to install updates" I always end up clicking Wait an Hour. But is there a way to either block updates or delete it so it stops asking me? I tried this and it didn't work. * Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download, and delete all contents.* I get the update message later on, and when I check the folder again theres folders or files in it, so I delete them. But they appear again later on. I always tried running that tool that fixes corrupted windows update files. And it always says "Repaired the corrupted files" but every time the updates fail to install, it then tells me "Oh the updates are corrupted"

submitted by /u/Darkchief114
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Darkchief114, Mar 4, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How Do You Delete Updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 4, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 4, 2020
  4. bestellen Win User

How Do You Delete Updates?

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

How Do You Delete Updates?

1. How Do You Delete Updates? - Similar Threads - Delete Updates

2. Trying to delete Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to delete Windows Update Clean-up: I've been trying to delete Windows Update Clean-up in Systen>Storage>Temporary Files but it just won't delete. I don't know why this is happening though....
  3. Trying to delete Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to delete Windows Update Clean-up: I've been trying to delete Windows Update Clean-up in Systen>Storage>Temporary Files but it just won't delete. I don't know why this is happening though....
  4. Files getting deleted after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files getting deleted after update.: For some reason whenever my laptop updates it will delete recent files and downloads even though I have enough storage to hold them. My background image and my files will reset and whenever I try to back it up it won't bring up any file. I tried scanning for any malware and...
  5. Files getting deleted after update.

Files getting deleted after update.: For some reason whenever my laptop updates it will delete recent files and downloads even though I have enough storage to hold them. My background image and my files will reset and whenever I try to back it up it won't bring up any file. I tried scanning for any malware and...
  6. Files getting deleted after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account: This happened 3rd time for past couple of years on this computer.I updated windows and when I logged in in my Microsoft Account every setting I had set and app I downloaded seems to be deleted.I log in and it looks like fresh new account, I happen to have my families account...
  8. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account: This happened 3rd time for past couple of years on this computer.I updated windows and when I logged in in my Microsoft Account every setting I had set and app I downloaded seems to be deleted.I log in and it looks like fresh new account, I happen to have my families account...
  9. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Files getting deleted after update.