Windows 10: How do you disable a particular product update?

Discus and support How do you disable a particular product update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've asked this question before but yesterday really bit me bad. I always manually update my nVidia graphics driver whenever a new one becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rzn6jw, May 17, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

How do you disable a particular product update?

I've asked this question before but yesterday really bit me bad. I always manually update my nVidia graphics driver whenever a new one becomes available because there are some features I don't use, like VR.

Yesterday, I was trying to install the newest driver, 382.19, but it kept failing. After searching for the error on my PC I found that Windows was trying to install a nVidia driver, too. I decided to let Windows Update install it and went about doing other things.

When I came back to configure the graphics using the nVidia control panel, I found that Windows installed driver 378.92 which came out in March. WTF???

In the Windows Setting Update section I've got 'Defer feature updates' checked but 'Give me updates for other Microsoft Products......' and 'Use my signon to.....' unchecked.

Windows 7 used to allow you to 'hide' updates so they don't get installed but I can't find anything like this for Windows 10.

I don't want Windows updating my video drivers period. How can I stop Windows from doing this?

Thanks.

:)

rzn6jw, May 17, 2017

2. 6350 - How do you block a particular phone number

not for this model its an s40 device

there is apps available for s60 devices

techbuzzireland, May 17, 2017
  3. jerryp49 Win User
    6350 - How do you block a particular phone number

My Samsung phone had a simple one button feature to block a phone number that was received after the first call. Is this doable with the Nokia 6350?

jerryp49, May 17, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. rzn6jw Win User
    Thanks. Used Group Policy. Hope this works.

Also, on my version of Win 10 (v1607 build 14393.1198) I have 'Defer Feature Updates' option in place of 'Include driver updates when I update Windows' option, which would have eliminated the need for this trouble ticket.

Thanks.

rzn6jw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you disable a particular product update? - Similar Threads - disable particular product

2. How do you disable palmcheck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you disable palmcheck: i've been trying forever and I cant find it what so ever I need help i've tried settings>devices>touchpad, and properties and settings >devices>mouse, and properties haven't found it...
  3. How do I disable updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I disable updates?: I have Win 10 professional. I have disabled updates, but I still get them. It's my understanding that you can disable updates in the professional edition. How do I ensure I do not get them? (Please, no lectures, I'm sick of the problems w/ updates) 134446
  4. How do I disable updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable updates?: I have Win 10 professional. I have disabled updates, but I still get them. It's my understanding that you can disable updates in the professional edition. How do I ensure I do not get them? (Please, no lectures, I'm sick of the problems w/ updates) 134446
  5. HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE MULTIPLE DESKTOP VIEWS

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE MULTIPLE DESKTOP VIEWS: All of a sudden my desktop screen started shrinking whenever I hover near the top or bottom of the screen. I cannot figure out how to turn this feature off. It is driving me crazy! While I'm working on a project I don't need the screen moving around. Please help!...
  6. spell shows as disable how do you turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    spell shows as disable how do you turn it on: how to change spell check from disable to on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/spell-shows-as-disable-how-do-you-turn-it-on/78cf418d-2e6b-4baa-836f-d2f56edd666f
  7. how do you disable restart automatic repair option ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do you disable restart automatic repair option ?: I tried the bcedit option only to get the following result Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.137] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>bcedit /set recoveryenabled NO 'bcedit' is not recognized as an internal or external command,...
  8. how to skip a particular update

how to skip a particular update: I have Windows 10 64 bit that's updated to build 1703 already. Now I have a set of updates, including cumulative security and some Nvidia GPU driver update from year 2016 (no kidding). For obvious reason I like to skip that Nvidia device driver update. I did a search on...
  9. How do you guys disable Windows Update

How do you guys disable Windows Update: How do you guys disable Windows Update? Thanks 65746
  10. Disable "How do you want to open this file"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable "How do you want to open this file"?: On every computer I've installed Windows 10 on (a dozen+) despite me setting all my default file types and applications, the first time a specific file type in opened, it still asks if I want to use this program. I've attached a picture of the first time I'm trying to open a...