Windows 10: How do you disable a specific shortcut of a program in windows 10

Discus and support How do you disable a specific shortcut of a program in windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two apps (keepass 2 and antidote 10) which are using the same shortcut Ctrl+Alt+k for different purpose. I want to disable the shortcut in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oriue, Oct 13, 2020.

1. /u/oriue Win User

How do you disable a specific shortcut of a program in windows 10

I have two apps (keepass 2 and antidote 10) which are using the same shortcut Ctrl+Alt+k for different purpose. I want to disable the shortcut in antidote 10 but I can' t find a way.

My only solution at the moment, is to remap the shortcut in keepass but I would rather to suppress the shortcut in antidote.

I have been looking for two hours but I can't find a tick box or something in the preferences, if you guys can help me !

Thank you in advance for your help !

submitted by /u/oriue
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oriue, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I'd like to disable Skype and all the crap that I don't need in windows 10. I've gone through the settings and removed it from the optional program list but I still see Skype and some other executables or processes running in task manager , i'm sure there's a way

jboydgolfer, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Win+X (or right click on Windows icon) isn't really useful anymore. MS removed classic control panel from the list and changed programs and features to Apps and Features. To get to Programs and Features you have to go to Apps and Features first (Metro UI) (it's in the top right corner).

And classic cmd also left the win+x and File list, you have to do it old way (win+r -> cmd -> enter).

How do you disable a specific shortcut of a program in windows 10 1380.jpg

How do you disable a specific shortcut of a program in windows 10 3.jpg

Now it's easier to access Power Options directly from the taskbar.

How do you disable a specific shortcut of a program in windows 10 2.jpg

Drone, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. How do you disable a specific shortcut of a program in windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable specific shortcut

2. How to disable this specific shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  3. How to disable this specific shortcut.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  4. How do I disable this shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable this shortcut?: Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but out of no where, pressing ALT + s gives me this image skipping thing that I didn't have before. I'm not sure which app is causing this and searching it up hasn't done me any good....
  5. How To Mute Specific Program With Shortcut Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Mute Specific Program With Shortcut Windows 10: I want to mute an spesific app with F7 shortcut i tried this it worked but i cant use when something else in fullscreen its create an desktop shortcut to mute but you cant use desktop shortcut with keyboard shortcut while something else in fullscreen. How can i solve this ???...
  6. How To Mute Specific Program With Shortcut Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Mute Specific Program With Shortcut Windows 10: I want to mute an spesific app with F7 shortcut i tried this it worked but i cant use when something else in fullscreen its create an desktop shortcut to mute but you cant use desktop shortcut with keyboard shortcut while something else in fullscreen. How can i solve this ???...
  7. How To Mute Specific Program With Shortcut Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Shortcuts Windows + Space Any way to disable specific Shortcuts or Features?

Windows 10 Shortcuts Windows + Space Any way to disable specific Shortcuts or Features?: I'm not really going to flesh out why or for how long this has bothered me, but I want to start out by saying that I at this moment can't find any solution to disabling theWindows + Space shortcut. I'm specifically talking about this little creep. [ATTACH] There's no way...
  9. How do you create a shortcut for a specific device's settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you create a shortcut for a specific device's settings?: I have a tablet PC which I often plug into a hub on my desk to power a desktop setup. When I do this I usually disable the touchscreen to save power. I'd like to add a shortcut to the taskbar or desktop for the dialogue box for this device so I can disable and enable it...
  10. Disable specific keyboard shortcut

Disable specific keyboard shortcut: Hi I have a severe problem with the shortcut "Alt+Ctl+z" as when I press it, it zooms on screen which caused me the undo problem in photoshop. I can't get any step backward more than once. Any ideas of how can this problem can be fixed? Thanks...