Windows 10: How do you disable access to windows app store

Discus and support How do you disable access to windows app store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to download an app from Foxit and when I click on run I am directed to windows app store. How do I disable access to the windows app store.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KenGriffin1, Dec 18, 2018.

1. How do you disable access to windows app store

I am trying to download an app from Foxit and when I click on run I am directed to windows app store. How do I disable access to the windows app store. Thank you.

:)

KenGriffin1, Dec 18, 2018

2. Unable to access Windows Apps and Windows Store on Windows 10. How to re-install Window 10?

Hi Allan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Windows 10 operating system and Windows Store, I regret for the inconvenience.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the issues you are facing in accessing Windows 10 Operating System along with accessing Windows Store?
    • From when are you facing these issues?

I recommend you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps to fix the issues with Microsoft apps and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist, we will help you to perform Clean installation of the operating system on your device.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.

• Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run WSReset.exe

• Press Windows+R key to open
      Run
      box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Step 4: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings and check if it helps.

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open run command, type
      inetcpl.cpl
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us for further assistance. If the issue still persists, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Windows app and Windows app store not working

Hi Dennis,

As you are facing issues with accessing the Windows Store and Windows Apps on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

• Were you able to see any error message/ error code while trying to access the Windows Store Apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.

Method 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Windows Store Apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

4. How do you disable access to windows app store

Unable to access libraries and purchased apps from Windows Store

Hi Richard,

As your facing with accessing the libraries of purchase apps from Windows Store, and download further apps, we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort spent while trying to resolve the issue with SFC scan, DISM command, and wsreset.

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.

Method 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open run command, type
      inetcpl.cpl
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Thema:

How do you disable access to windows app store

1. How do you disable access to windows app store - Similar Threads - disable access app

2. How do you disable Windows 10 log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you disable Windows 10 log in?: Hello,I have had to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine, I have used my email to create an account, but now when I turn on my PC, I need to log in with a pin code.How do I disable this so that the PC boots straight into the desktop as it used to. It doesnt have a local account...
  3. How do heck do you disable Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do heck do you disable Windows Update?: I am so pissed off with Microsoft. And before you start going off telling me the importance of updates, yes, I have heard them all. How important the updates are. Basically it means the Microsoft Operating System at its core is so rubbish, that it has to update all the time....
  4. CompatTelRunner.exe, how do you disable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CompatTelRunner.exe, how do you disable?: Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is using a lot of cpu on startup. The worst time to be hogging cpu is on startup. Whichever coding team at Microsoft decided to put this burden on users should get a sit down chat ;. The function of the program is for Microsoft to collect...
  5. How do you remove or disable the "get help" app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you remove or disable the "get help" app?: For some reason when I troubleshoot audio problems windows is now popping up the "get help" app. It's highly irritating because it's made for idiots and takes SO much longer to just do a simple troubleshoot. I right click the speaker icon on the taskbar and click...
  6. How do I disable the "you need a new app to open this" Microsoft Store Prompt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the "you need a new app to open this" Microsoft Store Prompt?: Trying to open something, EVERYTIME I open it I get the "you need a new app to open this", despite it working perfectly fine. How do i disable this prompt. submitted by /u/Ollo-X1 [link] [comments]...
  7. How do you disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you disable the touchpad: How do you disable the touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-disable-the-touchpad/182feab3-e924-40ab-be6c-660ec844ebea
  8. How do you disable caching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you disable caching?: Yes, I know I want it. My SSD is fast enough though and the extra heat this cache feature is creating is nuts. I found a way to shut it off before, but I did a fresh install. submitted by /u/STOP_POLLUTING [link] [comments]...
  9. How do you disable palmcheck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you disable palmcheck: i've been trying forever and I cant find it what so ever I need help i've tried settings>devices>touchpad, and properties and settings >devices>mouse, and properties haven't found it...
  10. How do you uninstall the microsoft store apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you uninstall the microsoft store apps: I am trying to download a program from Foxit and when I click on run I am directed to a Microsoft store app and I can not find the app I want. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-uninstall-the-microsoft-store-apps/357408ab-23d3-44b6-916a-8a0a0fa41369