Windows 10: how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

Discus and support how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sort files within folders on Windows 10build 1826?This appears to be a registry issue that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Europa 2, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Europa 2 Win User

how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

How do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sort files within folders on Windows 10build 1826?This appears to be a registry issue that Windows 10 changed in the last few updates. I updated to the latest Windows 10 creation build and now ALL my files are misplaced from the order and placement within each window that I want. What I had and require simply is "random, NO auto arrange". How can I Lock them in place?! This is unacceptable and I need to sort files within folders the way I want to. current "fixed" options are of no use to me at all.

:)

Europa 2, Jul 31, 2022
  2. Carl Win User

Any Way to Disable the Auto Arranging of Files for Specific Folders?

Hey,

Anybody happen to know how to disable Win 10 auto arranging files in a folder? You can obviously sort them in numerous way, but for certain folders I want to be able to manually rearrange my files (folders that contain music tracks). Apparently in WIn 8.1 you could right click in a folder, go to sorting and unclick "Auto Arrange", but that option doesn't seem to be available in Win 10. Thanks.

3. Brink Win User
    Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10  

It sounds like you may have some other issue at hand. Step 5 in this tutorial will completely undo the changes made by the disable auto arrange .reg file, then resets folder views back to default.

Reverting back to a previous image would be the fastest and easiest way to sort whatever this issue is.

Brink, Jul 31, 2022
  4. how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

how to auto arrange PDF files in a folder

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In which format are you trying arrange the PDF files?

By default, File explorer will sort the files and folders in alphabetical order. You can also select other sorting options to arrange your files. I suggest you to try the following steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Click on View.

3. Now click on the Sort by drop down.

4. Select the option that best suits your needs.

Note: All the files or folder in File Explorer will be sorted in the format that you have selected. This option will remain until it is changed manually.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 31, 2022
Thema:

how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

1. how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on... - Similar Threads - disable auto arrange

2. how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...: How do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sort files within folders on Windows 10build 1826?This appears to be a registry issue that Windows 10 changed in the last few updates. I updated to the latest Windows 10 creation build and now ALL my files are misplaced...
  3. how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...: How do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sort files within folders on Windows 10build 1826?This appears to be a registry issue that Windows 10 changed in the last few updates. I updated to the latest Windows 10 creation build and now ALL my files are misplaced...
  4. Disable Auto Arrange/ Group None- allow files folders sort and placement where you want them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Auto Arrange/ Group None- allow files folders sort and placement where you want them.: How do you "Disable" Auto Arrange to allow you to fundamentally put files and folders in the order and placement of each window and kept them where you left them? Windows build 19044.1826 put them in different orders and locations as soon as you close or refresh the window!...
  5. Disable Auto Arrange/ Group None- allow files folders sort and placement where you want them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Auto Arrange/ Group None- allow files folders sort and placement where you want them.: How do you "Disable" Auto Arrange to allow you to fundamentally put files and folders in the order and placement of each window and kept them where you left them? Windows build 19044.1826 put them in different orders and locations as soon as you close or refresh the window!...
  6. Disable Auto Arrange/ Group None- allow files folders sort and placement where you want them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to disable auto arrange?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable auto arrange?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mergisi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/loj3a9/how_to_disable_auto_arrange/
  8. How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders

How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders: I find this excruciatingly frustrating as a UX perspective. I want to sort the items in my folder the way I want them. Not by date, not by name, not some group by, etc. I like it the way it is in my desktop. I have it ordered manually the way I like it, why can't I do the...
  9. How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders

How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders: I find this excruciatingly frustrating as a UX perspective. I want to sort the items in my folder the way I want them. Not by date, not by name, not some group by, etc. I like it the way it is in my desktop. I have it ordered manually the way I like it, why can't I do the...
  10. Disabling auto arrange in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling auto arrange in folders: When is Microsoft going to let its users disable auto arrange in folders? I am not talking about the desktop here. All my files etc. that are in Folders are being aligned automatically and I want to move them around freely wherever I want. I could do this in Windows XP...