Windows 10: How do you Disable Explorer's "Today", "Yesterday", and "Last Week" Groups

Discus and support How do you Disable Explorer's "Today", "Yesterday", and "Last Week" Groups in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like my Downloads displayed as a straight alphabetical list, and not broken down by today, yesterday, and last week. When I go to Downloads this can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sjh001, Jan 5, 2020.

1. sjh001 Win User

How do you Disable Explorer's "Today", "Yesterday", and "Last Week" Groups

I like my Downloads displayed as a straight alphabetical list, and not broken down by today, yesterday, and last week. When I go to Downloads this can be done by clicking "view" then "group by" and then "none." Windows, however, does not save that setting and the next time you go to Downloads you are forced to go through those steps again. How can this be avoided? Until recently this was not a problem.

:)

sjh001, Jan 5, 2020

2. Grouping pictures by month or actual date in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for sorting the pictures in date wise and check if it helps.

• Go to “file explorer” and open it.
    • Right click on the picture screen.
    • Click on “group by” option and go to more options.
    • Check the box “Date” and click on “Ok”
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Ian Sal Win User
    Lumia 1520 on ATT win 10 unable to send group message

Hi,

Let's get this resolved. We would suggest performing these steps:

• From the start screen, tap People app.
    • If necessary, touch the screen and slide right to display the together
      screen.
    • Scroll down to Groups, then select the group you want to send a message to.
    • Tap text.
    • Enter your message.
    • When finished, tap the Send icon.
    Note: If Group Text is enabled in Settings > Applications > Messaging > Group Text, the responses to a group will be sent as MMS message. Disable Group Text if you don't want the messages to be
    converted

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

peoblem with windows_"home Group" setup and activation

We appreciate you for getting back to us. To resolve this issue, we suggest that you check if the Enable Peer network grouping services are enabled on your computer. These services are needed for Homegroup to function properly. To check and enable these
    services, follow the steps below:

• In the Search bar on the taskbar, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search the list for Peer Network Grouping, Peer Network Identity Manager, and
      Homegroup Provider.
    • If these services are disabled or set to manual, right-click on the name of the service, and click on
      Properties.
    • Under startup type, select Automatic.
    • After checking all the services, try creating a Homegroup again.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you allow full control to the MachineKeys and PeerNetworking folders. This issue can be caused by conflicts in folder permissions. To allow full control, follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA. You may need to set File Explorer to show hidden items.
    • Right-click on the MachineKeys folder, and click on
      Properties
    • Go to the Security tab.
    • Click on your username and click on Edit...
    • From the list of options, click Full Control and click
      Apply
    • Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming, and right click on
      PeerNetworking.
    • Repeat steps 3 to 6.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How do you Disable Explorer's "Today", "Yesterday", and "Last Week" Groups - Similar Threads - Disable Explorer's Today

2. How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows...: How do I get rid of this useless grouping that just started happening?Also, when I click into a folder this does not happen. But when I hit 'back' out of that folder, then it starts grouping. No consistency. WHY????...
  3. How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows...: How do I get rid of this useless grouping that just started happening?Also, when I click into a folder this does not happen. But when I hit 'back' out of that folder, then it starts grouping. No consistency. WHY????...
  4. How do i get rid of these "Today 3 "Last week 4 and "Earlier this year 3"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of these "Today 3 "Last week 4 and "Earlier this year 3"?: i managed to change the downloads folder back to default, but i cant seem to remove these.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-these-today-3-last-week-4-and/44d1a478-0e94-40a6-a96c-866066512edb
  5. How do i get rid of these "Today 3 "Last week 4 and "Earlier this year 3"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i get rid of these "Today 3 "Last week 4 and "Earlier this year 3"?: i managed to change the downloads folder back to default, but i cant seem to remove these.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-these-today-3-last-week-4-and/44d1a478-0e94-40a6-a96c-866066512edb
  6. Windows 11 New Explorer - How To Disable Age Groupings Today, Last Week, Etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 New Explorer - How To Disable Age Groupings Today, Last Week, Etc.: What happened in Explorer for Windows 11 to the way to lose the age grouping sortings today, last week, earlier this year, etc. in search results in Windows Explorer? There are a number of solutions to this problem for Windows 10, but it seems like the new streamlined options...
  7. Windows 11 New Explorer - How To Disable Age Groupings Today, Last Week, Etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 New Explorer - How To Disable Age Groupings Today, Last Week, Etc.: What happened in Explorer for Windows 11 to the way to lose the age grouping sortings today, last week, earlier this year, etc. in search results in Windows Explorer? There are a number of solutions to this problem for Windows 10, but it seems like the new streamlined options...
  8. File explorer wants to sort the folders and files into groups such as today and yesterday....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer wants to sort the folders and files into groups such as today and yesterday....: File explorer wants to sort files and folders by DATE and then by alphabet. How do I make it sort in just one group? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-wants-to-sort-the-folders-and-files/f74f5bad-98db-4c4e-8e9f-6f05be712aa0"
  9. File explorer wants to sort thefolders and files in groups such as today and yesterday. I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer wants to sort thefolders and files in groups such as today and yesterday. I...: File explorer wants to sort files and folders by DATE and then by alphabet. How do I make it sort in just one group? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-wants-to-sort-thefolders-and-files/f74f5bad-98db-4c4e-8e9f-6f05be712aa0"
  10. How to hide 'yesterday', 'last week', etc in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to hide 'yesterday', 'last week', etc in Downloads folder: Been ignoring updates for over a year but finally installed them and now my Downloads folder is organized in a way I don't like at all. Before everything was just there now it's separated by yesterday, last week, last month etc. How do I get it to go back to how it used to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10: How to disable Windows Explorers today yesterday last week

2. how to disable last week in downloads

3. Disable grouping by Today Yesterday Week in tasks

4. Disable grouping by Today Yesterday Week etc in windows 10