Windows 10: How do you disable loading of the last user profile after restart on Windows 10 home?

Discus and support How do you disable loading of the last user profile after restart on Windows 10 home? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; As far as I'm aware there is no way. Disabling Settings/Account/Sign-in Options/Use my Sign-in Info to automatically set up my device . . . doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Most Evil Genius, Jan 7, 2020.

1. How do you disable loading of the last user profile after restart on Windows 10 home?

As far as I'm aware there is no way.

Disabling Settings/Account/Sign-in Options/Use my Sign-in Info to automatically set up my device . . .

doesn't work

Changing various registry keys doesn' t work.

It's not a matter of having a password set, as it will load your account with the screen locked if you have a password.

You can see the last user logged in with an administrator account.

Disabling smart account switching allowing you to send the current account login to the background and login with another account does the trick, but they shouldn't need to be linked features.

You can log in to the last user logged in before the restart and log it out, leaving the PC with no user logged in as is should be after a restart.

:)

Most Evil Genius, Jan 7, 2020

2. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 7, 2020
  4. How do you disable loading of the last user profile after restart on Windows 10 home?

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

How do you disable loading of the last user profile after restart on Windows 10 home?

1. How do you disable loading of the last user profile after restart on Windows 10 home? - Similar Threads - disable loading last

2. How do I fix user profile failed to load ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix user profile failed to load ?: So I tried to reboot my pc but then it stopped and started undoing changes but then when I tried to sign in it said user profile failed to load so I tired the safe mode method but the screen turns white and flickers the task bar anyone have a solution to this...
  3. How do I fix user profile failed to load ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix user profile failed to load ?: So I tried to reboot my pc but then it stopped and started undoing changes but then when I tried to sign in it said user profile failed to load so I tired the safe mode method but the screen turns white and flickers the task bar anyone have a solution to this...
  4. How do I fix user profile failed to load ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. how do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. how do...: I recently got a new PC from a friend of mine. He reset it completely but his windows account seems to still be on it. To get rid of it he gave me his password and told me to sign in and delete the account. Now anytime I try to sign in it it tells me that the User Profile...
  6. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. how do...

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. how do...: I recently got a new PC from a friend of mine. He reset it completely but his windows account seems to still be on it. To get rid of it he gave me his password and told me to sign in and delete the account. Now anytime I try to sign in it it tells me that the User Profile...
  7. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. how do...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. User profile not loaded

User profile not loaded: Hello people!! Need en urgent help in solving the user profile issue in windows 11. I had recently updated my pc from windows 10 to 11. After a day of updating my pc I decided to reset my pc with local reinstall option. But unfortunately the system turned off without charge...
  9. User profile not loaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile not loaded: Hello people!! Need en urgent help in solving the user profile issue in windows 11. I had recently updated my pc from windows 10 to 11. After a day of updating my pc I decided to reset my pc with local reinstall option. But unfortunately the system turned off without charge...
  10. Windows 10 user profile is not loading

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 user profile is not loading: windows 10 user profile is not loading, what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-user-profile-is-not-loading/55434e2f-ef51-44a9-94b6-e04d54f60876

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user not loading how to stop