Windows 10: How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers?

Discus and support How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers, and other things like steam which I can only guess is built like a browser.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joeandsomerandomstuff, Sep 6, 2020.

1. How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers?

Hi,

I would like to disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers, and other things like steam which I can only guess is built like a browser.

Now to be clear I do not want to bind mouse button 4 to do something else as I would like to continue using mouse button 4 in other programs and don't want something unexpected happening down the line.

I have done a bit of googling and cant seem to find out how to do this, any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards, Joe

:)

joeandsomerandomstuff, Sep 6, 2020

2. Creator's Update disables FarCry-3 mouse buttons.

Hi,

Outdated or incorrect device drivers may cause the side buttons of your mouse to get disabled after a recent upgrade. For us to effectively assist you in rectifying the mouse button issue, provide more information by answering these questions:

• Is the issue confined to the Far Cry 3 game only?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device aside from the forced update that happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Mouse Button Disabled

Hi,

Your mouse buttons right and left-click can be assigned, disabled, and enabled in several ways. For us to rectify your query in enabling these mouse pointers, we suggest starting the computer in
    safe mode by following the steps on this article: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10. Check if you encounter
    the same difficulty afterwards. This method has been proven to resolve concerns with programs and drivers that might prevent Windows from starting correctly.

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 6, 2020
  4. How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers?

microsoft wireless mobile mouse 4000 - how to disable the side button

Hi,

I often unintentionally hit the side button of my mouse resulting in the "back" function on my browser. This is very irritating.

I appreciate anyone's suggestions.

P.s. Even if the button can't be disabled is there anyway to change it so that it prompts another function other than "back".

Joseph Djura Smith, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers?

1. How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers? - Similar Threads - disable mouse button

2. How to go back to old search button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go back to old search button: Hey, so I updated my computer today and now instead of a little magnifying glass in the taskbar I have this horrendous looking little oval affair. How do I go back to just the magnifying glass?...
  3. How to go back to old search button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go back to old search button: Hey, so I updated my computer today and now instead of a little magnifying glass in the taskbar I have this horrendous looking little oval affair. How do I go back to just the magnifying glass?...
  4. How do I disable the two touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the two touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?: I am so sick of this feature, every single time I am completing work and I just want to look at the left side of the screen, the page just goes back, making me lose all the work I've done. I already searched for an answer everywhere and all Microsoft can come up with is a...
  5. How do I disable the two touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable the two touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?: I am so sick of this feature, every single time I am completing work and I just want to look at the left side of the screen, the page just goes back, making me lose all the work I've done. I already searched for an answer everywhere and all Microsoft can come up with is a...
  6. How do I disable the two touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I disable the touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?

How do I disable the touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?: When I do a two finger swipe to the right on the touchpad of a Dell Windows laptop, it makes my current browser go back as if I hit the back button. I want to keep the scroll gestures but remove this, so I can still scroll left to right using 2-finger touchpad gestures....
  8. Mouse randomly makes you go back on Chrome

Mouse randomly makes you go back on Chrome: I'm posting this because the answers in other threads utterly miss the problem and their solutions won't help. Sometimes, when using the mouse on Chrome, it will Go Back a page for no apparent reason. This has just caused me to lose multiple hours of writing. This is not...
  9. Browsers back button

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers back button: Hi Surface Go win10 1909 The back button on both chrome&Edge will not work. Unfortunately it does work using IE 11. Its the same behaviour in desktop,or tablet. This only happens with touch screen using finger or pen. It works fine with mouse. This only happens with browser...
  10. Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5: After updating Windows 10 to version 1803, my mouse button 4 registers as my mouse button 5 in all games and applications such as Rainbow Six Siege and Chrome. I already tried opening device manager and reinstalling the drivers but nothings changed. Does anyone know how to...