Windows 10: How do you disable software distribution folder

Discus and support How do you disable software distribution folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do you disable software distribution folder as it keeps downloading 10 gbs of data I don't want submitted by /u/thedarkgrimreaper1 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thedarkgrimreaper1, Aug 23, 2020.

1. How do you disable software distribution folder

How do you disable software distribution folder as it keeps downloading 10 gbs of data I don't want

submitted by /u/thedarkgrimreaper1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thedarkgrimreaper1, Aug 23, 2020
  2. TorrenceL Win User

Software Distribution folder

The software distribution folder is appearing on my extra drive where I have my user files pointing to, how do I direct windows 10 to put update materials onto the C drive where the system folder is?

TorrenceL, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Software Distribution File

What problems are you having that you think might be resolved by deleting the Software Distribution folder (or the files therein)?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 23, 2020
  4. How do you disable software distribution folder

Software Distribution Folder - Showed up on my D drive after recent massive update of Windows 10

Hi,

The Software Distribution folder is used by Windows Update Service to store the components that it will use to update your computer. You have the option to move this folder to Drive C or another location but it involves the following procedures in their
    correct order.

• Temporarily stopping Windows Update Service using Command Prompt.
    • Moving the Software Distribution folder to your preferred location.
    • Enabling Windows Update Service again using Command Prompt.
    • Updating Windows Update Service about the new location of the Software Distribution folder.

If Windows Update Service will not be updated about the new location of the folder, it will create a new one on the same location.

These procedures can be complex. For in-depth support in performing these, we recommend posting your query on our Microsoft TechNet forum. Here's the

link

Let us know if you have additional questions.

JohnRod Nav, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

How do you disable software distribution folder

1. How do you disable software distribution folder - Similar Threads - disable software distribution

2. how to do drive distribution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to do drive distribution: how to do drive distribution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-drive-distribution/d41d00ad-7034-4c7e-8a82-2bbec8884588
  3. how to do drive distribution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to do drive distribution: how to do drive distribution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-drive-distribution/d41d00ad-7034-4c7e-8a82-2bbec8884588
  4. software distribution file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    software distribution file: i recently got a new lap top windows 11 homei seem to be missing some updatesi have been able to change the catroot to catroot.bak as suggestedbut when i try to change the softwaredistribution file i am not ablein command prompt i get a error in red saying the file or folder...
  5. software distribution file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    software distribution file: i recently got a new lap top windows 11 homei seem to be missing some updatesi have been able to change the catroot to catroot.bak as suggestedbut when i try to change the softwaredistribution file i am not ablein command prompt i get a error in red saying the file or folder...
  6. Software Distribution folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software Distribution folder: I wanted to know whether should I have to worry about contents of file location -> Software Distribution/Download cause I am seeing that after successful installation of Windows 10 updates.. The downloaded update files are soon removed after some time! Is this something new...
  7. Windows software distribution folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows software distribution folder: Hello, Recently I have cleared the space in SSD by clearing almost 10gb from windows software distribution folder. I cleared by pausing all the updates. All my question is will there be any problem?? I typed this is run command: C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution...
  8. How do you disable caching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you disable caching?: Yes, I know I want it. My SSD is fast enough though and the extra heat this cache feature is creating is nuts. I found a way to shut it off before, but I did a fresh install. submitted by /u/STOP_POLLUTING [link] [comments]...
  9. How do you disable palmcheck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you disable palmcheck: i've been trying forever and I cant find it what so ever I need help i've tried settings>devices>touchpad, and properties and settings >devices>mouse, and properties haven't found it...
  10. Corrupt Software Distribution Folder Caused Latest CU To Fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Corrupt Software Distribution Folder Caused Latest CU To Fail: It has been a while since I cleaned out the Widow Software Distribution Folder in my Windows 10 1709 partition and I am blaming it for the the failure to install the latest CU for this build After waiting for over an hour for KB4284819 (OS Build 16299.492) to fail, I rebooted...