Windows 10: HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE MULTIPLE DESKTOP VIEWS

Discus and support HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE MULTIPLE DESKTOP VIEWS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of a sudden my desktop screen started shrinking whenever I hover near the top or bottom of the screen. I cannot figure out how to turn this feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MsD4, Jan 7, 2019.

1. MsD4 Win User

HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE MULTIPLE DESKTOP VIEWS

All of a sudden my desktop screen started shrinking whenever I hover near the top or bottom of the screen. I cannot figure out how to turn this feature off. It is driving me crazy! While I'm working on a project I don't need the screen moving around. Please help!

:)

MsD4, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Multiple Desktops

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would require some more information to assist you better.

• What is the make & model of the computer?
    • When you say multiple desktop are you referring to task view?
    • When you try to put different apps on different desktops what happens next?
    • Do you get any error message?

Windows 10 would have the multiple desktops option. Besides having independent backgrounds and icons, each desktop should have independent windows of the same program running.

The information is not sufficient to answer your question. Reply us with more information by answering the above questions

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE MULTIPLE DESKTOP VIEWS - Similar Threads - DISABLE MULTIPLE DESKTOP

2. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing: I have just created a second desktop with the intention of having a specific workspace with folders and links, etc, pertinent to my projects. But when I move folders on either of the two desktops, the other one syncs the changes.I uninstalled onedrive a long time ago, so this...
  3. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing: I have just created a second desktop with the intention of having a specific workspace with folders and links, etc, pertinent to my projects. But when I move folders on either of the two desktops, the other one syncs the changes.I uninstalled onedrive a long time ago, so this...
  4. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multiple Virtual Desktops on one view

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Virtual Desktops on one view: OS Build 18363.1316 I have a very large monitor that I would like to "split" into four sections and with each section running a separate virtual desktop. I hope to have four virtual desktops "active" on one monitor at a time Is is possible to snap virtual desktops rather...
  6. How to disable desktop view

How to disable desktop view: I do not ever want any "hotspot" on the screen to suddenly show the desktop. I can say that to me, the desktop is the most profoundly uninteresting, actually, totally useless, aspect of Windows. Having what I am working on suddenly disappear because the mouse has drifted...
  7. how do you change default view for pictures in windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you change default view for pictures in windows 10 desktop: on my windows 10 laptop my pictures view defaults to small icons and name. i want to set it to extra large icons and date created. i have to change it every time i open my pictures folder and its subfolders....
  8. How do you disable caching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you disable caching?: Yes, I know I want it. My SSD is fast enough though and the extra heat this cache feature is creating is nuts. I found a way to shut it off before, but I did a fresh install. submitted by /u/STOP_POLLUTING [link] [comments]...
  9. Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views

Restoring Tasks in Multiple Desktop views: I am using several Desktop views when working on several programs and activities. For example, may have a desktop open with MATLAB applications, another with Arduino apps, and so on. When I power down, all of the current work files and sessions are lost. How can I restore...
  10. How do you disable palmcheck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you disable palmcheck: i've been trying forever and I cant find it what so ever I need help i've tried settings>devices>touchpad, and properties and settings >devices>mouse, and properties haven't found it...