Windows 10: How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition?

Discus and support How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for several years now and it's been getting progressively worse... I need my computer for online school... So having it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KittyKatPanda, May 6, 2021.

1. How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition?

I've been having this problem for several years now and it's been getting progressively worse... I need my computer for online school... So having it down for a couple of weeks is not good...Every time there is an upcoming update usually about 2ish weeks before the update actually drops, no matter what the Windows Update is for, the RAM usage on my computer skyrockets to outrageous levels and my computer becomes unusable for those 2 weeks or so...My typical RAM usage is around 18%-23% but I can always tell, like clockwork, when a Windows Update is going to drop because RAM usage begins

:)

KittyKatPanda, May 6, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

[Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

Your Windows 10 PC gets the latest updates automatically. In rare cases, a driver or update might cause issues with your PC. To keep the update from reinstalling automatically, download this troubleshooter, it will let you hide the problematic updates.

Drone, May 6, 2021
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 6, 2021
  4. bigscale Win User

How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition?

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, May 6, 2021
Thema:

How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition?

1. How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition? - Similar Threads - Disable Automatic Updates

2. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  3. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  4. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I disable touchpad on Windows 10 Home edition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable touchpad on Windows 10 Home edition?: I've tried everything and after a lot of research I finally came to this but when I press the button "Disable Device" nothing happens. It's almost as if the button is disabled. How do I enable this button so that I can disable the touchpad? [ATTACH]...
  6. How do you disable Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you disable Windows 10 Update?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thedarkgrimreaper1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/if1n6b/how_do_you_disable_windows_10_update/
  7. How do you permanently disable automatic windows updates?

How do you permanently disable automatic windows updates?: I do not want windows updates, how do I permanently disable automatic updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-permanently-disable-automatic-windows/b1cf6802-da8e-448b-8a5b-5614fa9a3767
  8. How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition: I know this has been asked countless times before but I'm really coming to my wits end here.. basically i have a Windows 10 ver 1607 operated tablet..it have 32 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of RAM ..i use it for light stuff like reading PDFs watching YouTube etc..the thing is...
  9. HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME: New updated driver doesn't work smoothly for my laptop. So, Is there any way to disable automatic driver update (PERMANENTLY) when I update window's cumulative/security update?...
  10. possible to disable automatic updates with 10 home edition like 8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    possible to disable automatic updates with 10 home edition like 8.1: Seems, I read that the home premium edition automatic windows updates could not be disabled like win 8.1 can in services can anyone confirm this? *Smile 11558