Windows 10: How do you downgrade back to windows 8?

Discus and support How do you downgrade back to windows 8? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to windows 10 but i prefer windows 8 when i try to go back to it windows says "were sorry but you cant go back" plz help 31029 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joey, Nov 21, 2015.

1. joey Win User

How do you downgrade back to windows 8?

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 but i prefer windows 8 when i try to go back to it windows says "were sorry but you cant go back" plz help

:)

2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Nov 21, 2015
  3. How do I downgrade back to Windows 8.1 from windows 10

Thanks ...For This Info Bout Goin Back/Down Grade To Wind 8.1. I Hate Window10, Others To From What They've Been Sayin Fter I Talk Bout It !. I'm Hopin That I Can Get Back W/ No Problems!.

FrankiApples, Nov 21, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Sounds like you are going to have to clean install Windows 8 to go back to it.

NavyLCDR, Nov 21, 2015
  5. lmaneke Win User
    Go to settings, update and recovery, recovery, and go back to Windows 8.1.

Please note, you only have 30 days after upgrading to Windows 10 to revert back to your previous OS. After 30 days, Windows 10 deletes the file that allows you to start the downgrade process.

If its not allowing you to revert before the 30 days, chances are that the "Previous Windows Installations" aka the Windows.old folder, either got deleted, or got corrupt during the upgrade.

Unfortunately, that would only give you the option to back up all of your files, and reinstall Windows 8.1.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you downgrade back to windows 8? - Similar Threads - downgrade

2. I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.: There is multiple problems after I downgraded my Lenovo Ideapad 100S-iby to windows 8.1 pro n1. Keyboard and trackpad don't work, have to use usb mouse and keyboard.2. Can't connect to wifi, can't install wifi adapters, even tried ipconfig /all.3. display adapters don't...
  3. I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.: There is multiple problems after I downgraded my Lenovo Ideapad 100S-iby to windows 8.1 pro n1. Keyboard and trackpad don't work, have to use usb mouse and keyboard.2. Can't connect to wifi, can't install wifi adapters, even tried ipconfig /all.3. display adapters don't...
  4. I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.: I decided to downgrade my Lenovo Ideapad 100s-iby to Windows 8.1, as I thought it would run faster, but now, I've tried everything but it can't connect to the internet, I would install drivers but it's not connected, so I can't. I've searched everywhere. Tried all of it, how...
  5. I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.

I downgraded windows 10 to windows 8.1, now I can't connect to the internet.: I decided to downgrade my Lenovo Ideapad 100s-iby to Windows 8.1, as I thought it would run faster, but now, I've tried everything but it can't connect to the internet, I would install drivers but it's not connected, so I can't. I've searched everywhere. Tried all of it, how...
  6. Downgrading to Windows 7 on class 3 BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrading to Windows 7 on class 3 BIOS.: I’ve been wanting to downgrade my pc to Windows 7 for a long time, But I could not because it was my parents, however I got my own pc, there’s just one problem, its a class 3 bios so there is no csm or legacy boot, is there any way to install windows 7 on it?...
  7. Downgrading to Windows 7 on class 3 BIOS.

Downgrading to Windows 7 on class 3 BIOS.: I’ve been wanting to downgrade my pc to Windows 7 for a long time, But I could not because it was my parents, however I got my own pc, there’s just one problem, its a class 3 bios so there is no csm or legacy boot, is there any way to install windows 7 on it?...
  8. Why my laptop downgraded itself and my data is vanished?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop downgraded itself and my data is vanished?: I was saving a word file, suddenly my laptop showed an error and restarted itself. When it was done, I saw that my laptop has downgraded to windows 10 and my data is deleted. All the application was gone, and it is working very slow, I am now installing windows 11 and it has...
  9. Why my laptop downgraded itself and my data is vanished?

Why my laptop downgraded itself and my data is vanished?: I was saving a word file, suddenly my laptop showed an error and restarted itself. When it was done, I saw that my laptop has downgraded to windows 10 and my data is deleted. All the application was gone, and it is working very slow, I am now installing windows 11 and it has...
  10. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...