Windows 10: How do you expand or collapse folders in windows

Discus and support How do you expand or collapse folders in windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basically I want to do this on windows Expand All Folders in Apple Finder | Best Mac Tips. 166290 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by satel, Oct 13, 2020.

1. satel Win User

How do you expand or collapse folders in windows

satel, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Rich Alan Win User

Windows 10 1809 Mail App - Folders Won't Stay Expanded

How do I set the folders list to always show expanded? With 1809, the folder list keep collapsing.

Rich Alan, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Open / Save as dialog boxes - choose whether to expand or collapse as default

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you would like to have a collapsed view of the items on the navigation pane of the File Explorer while saving a file. To do this, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and see if it works.

• Open File Explorer
      and click on the View tab.
    • Click on the drop down next to
      Navigation Pane and uncheck Show all folders.
    • Exit File Explorer
      and try saving a file now.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 13, 2020
  4. How do you expand or collapse folders in windows

Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane automatically expands/collapses folder tree

I have recently come to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (and Classic Shell). I am not an IT professional, nor enthusiast, but I know my way around a PC.

When I click on a folder in the file explorer navigation pane tree, it automatically expands the folder in the tree. It also automatically collapses the previous folder I had selected. This drives me nuts, as I am used to deciding for myself when to expand
    and collapse the tree.

How do I make it:

- just show the folder contents in the right pane when I select a folder in the tree

- only expand the folder when I tell it to

- leave expanded folders expanded when I select a different folder in the tree

(in other words, behave like Windows Explorer)?

PS - I will start throwing things at anyone who mentions the "Expand to current folder" setting, as this is not the answer.

skeletonbob, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

How do you expand or collapse folders in windows

1. How do you expand or collapse folders in windows - Similar Threads - expand collapse folders

2. How do you make Quick Access Folders expandable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make Quick Access Folders expandable?: With this latest release of Windows 11 22H2, the left hand navigation pane on File Explorer has been changed significantly. I used to move file by dragging them from the right hand pane to the desired folder in the left hand navigation pane. Now the Document, Pictures, Videos...
  3. How do you make Quick Access Folders expandable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you make Quick Access Folders expandable?: With this latest release of Windows 11 22H2, the left hand navigation pane on File Explorer has been changed significantly. I used to move file by dragging them from the right hand pane to the desired folder in the left hand navigation pane. Now the Document, Pictures, Videos...
  4. How do you expand your window 7 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you expand your window 7 PC: How do you expand your window 7 PC to accommodate the upgrade to Window 10 on your PC? mine keep telling me i don't have enough storage to upload 2021 Turbo Tax. I went out and bought Window 10 to upgrade but my computer is now saying i don't have enough. what do I do?...
  5. How do you expand your window 7 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you expand your window 7 PC: How do you expand your window 7 PC to accommodate the upgrade to Window 10 on your PC? mine keep telling me i don't have enough storage to upload 2021 Turbo Tax. I went out and bought Window 10 to upgrade but my computer is now saying i don't have enough. what do I do?...
  6. How do you expand your window 7 PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?: If I right click any expandable folder in the navigation pane then Expand appears at the top of the context menu or else Collapse appears if the folder is already expanded. The issue: Both context menu entries for Expand/ Collapse show the wrong icon. I'm not even sure if...
  8. Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button?: Windows Explorer (looking at some picture folders), grouped by something ( tags in this case). How can I expand all/collapse all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-expand-allcollapse-all-button/c5999f7b-bb4a-4064-a450-89c43bdfff16"
  9. OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?: I have more than a dozen open notebooks and more recently closed notebooks, each with many many tabs. Is there a way to close them all so I can better see which one notebook I am currently working in? 74287
  10. how to expand or collapse all groups in event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    how to expand or collapse all groups in event viewer: I've been needing to check the event viewer lately, and when I show in groups, there's a small arrow that lets one collapse each group, and then you see a summary of how many events are in each group. But to collapse all of them I have only found the tedious way by doing...