Windows 10: How do you find 'secret/hidden' Windows registry entries?

Discus and support How do you find 'secret/hidden' Windows registry entries? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I'm wondering how people discover that adding some kind of entry on Windows registry you can enable/disable features that doesn't exist by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/0xPure, Dec 6, 2019.

1. /u/0xPure Win User

How do you find 'secret/hidden' Windows registry entries?

Hello!

I'm wondering how people discover that adding some kind of entry on Windows registry you can enable/disable features that doesn't exist by default. Well, they exist but are disabled and invisible by default.

For example: I was looking for some way to show seconds in taskbar clock. I did found you have to create a new REG_DWORD with name 'ShowSecondsInSystemClock' and value 1 under whatever the registry key is.

But how did they discover it? Where is that 'ShowSecondsInSystemClock' coming from?

I'm not sure if I explained well myself due to my poor English. Hopefully!

submitted by /u/0xPure
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/0xPure, Dec 6, 2019

2. Registry entries missing

Hi Arvid,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

This might be due to the registry entries getting corrupted or missing. I would suggest you to click the article given below and try the 3rd step from the article first. If that doesn't work, continue with the other suggested troubleshooting steps one after
    the other.

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Rooke Win User
    Miscellaneous Registry entries?

W1zzard: Miscellaneous Registry entries?

For W1zzard,

*Respect :respect:

What are the registry entry names and data types for the Miscellaneous entries:

Currently selected Catalyst A.I. level, and Geometry Instancing Enabled?

I can't find anything that looks like those that are defined in that registry key, and I have to manually set them everytime I reboot my PC. *Frown How do you find 'secret/hidden' Windows registry entries? :(

It would be nice to be able to keep them set across reboots. *Smile How do you find 'secret/hidden' Windows registry entries? :)

Or are they taken care in version 0.25b11? I'm currently using 0.24.

Rooke, Dec 6, 2019
  4. How do you find 'secret/hidden' Windows registry entries?

Windows 10 'Windows sockets registry entries are missing'

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I would like to inform you that Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if you are able to connect to internet.

Step 1: Perform a Winsock Reset

• Open the Windows Start Screen or
      Start Menu and type cmd in the search box.

• Right-click Command Prompt or
      cmd in the search results and select Run as Administrator.

• Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter. Wait for Windows to finish resetting your Winsock configuration.

• Reboot your computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    jtelliott94 on March 25, 2015 and check if it helps.

Refer: windows socket registry
    entries missing according to diagnostics and internet no longer working at all

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

How do you find 'secret/hidden' Windows registry entries?

1. How do you find 'secret/hidden' Windows registry entries? - Similar Threads - find 'secret hidden'

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  4. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  5. registry entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    registry entries: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/registry-entries/739b6f1f-5482-41d7-98cc-c9cfc7df078c
  6. If you uninstall a driver that is hidden. How do you then reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If you uninstall a driver that is hidden. How do you then reinstall it.: My laptop is a dell g3 i5. my gtx 1050 ti became undetected for some reason. I then uninstalled it in hopes to reinstall it and for it to work. Now I can't reinstall it. Help submitted by /u/theal2345 [link] [comments]...
  7. How do you change your secret question and answer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you change your secret question and answer?: I am wanting to change my MS account password but it is saying I can't use the password I am trying to choose as it contains a word form my secret answer - how do I change my secret question / answer? Thanks...
  8. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  9. "regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries

in Windows 10 Customization
    "regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries: I just try software and Windows get broken and startup fail. By the software FAQ guide, they say to copy SYSTEM registry hive to another PC and load it, then do 8 steps to remove their driver and service. On problematic machine this key wasn't visible, but on other same...
  10. How do you uninstall "hidden" apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you uninstall "hidden" apps?: I downloaded Online Video Converter without engaging my brain before I did so. Now I can’t locate it on my computer to uninstall it. I am getting messages that my “System is corrupted!” and I have NOT clicked on the pop-up. Today, I went to Microsoft Community to ask for...