Windows 10: How do you fix laptop not changing brightness?

Discus and support How do you fix laptop not changing brightness? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently replaced my f15 Asus laptop's ram sticks and now I'm finding that the brightness does not change though the sliders work. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joe S0ng, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Joe S0ng Win User

How do you fix laptop not changing brightness?

I recently replaced my f15 Asus laptop's ram sticks and now I'm finding that the brightness does not change though the sliders work. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and restarting and stuff but nothing has changed. I also doubt it's the hardware as I'm sure I didn't touch any other wires when doing so.

:)

Joe S0ng, Nov 30, 2023

2. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Nov 30, 2023
  4. How do you fix laptop not changing brightness?

LAPTOP BRIGHTNESS changing after UPGARDED TO WINDOWS 10

Hi Regine,

Hardware issues is one of the possible reasons why your monitor's brightness suddenly changes. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest running the Power troubleshooter to help you find and fix issues within your hardware. To do this, simply follow the steps
    below:

• On the Cortana search box, type
      troubleshooting and click the first option.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the on-screen instructions.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

How do you fix laptop not changing brightness?

1. How do you fix laptop not changing brightness? - Similar Threads - fix laptop changing

2. How do you fix laptop not changing brightness?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you fix laptop not changing brightness?: I recently replaced my f15 Asus laptop's ram sticks and now I'm finding that the brightness does not change though the sliders work. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and restarting and stuff but nothing has changed. I also doubt it's the hardware as I'm sure I didn't touch...
  3. How do you fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix this?: Fault bucket , type 0Event Name: LiveKernelEventResponse: Not availableCab Id: 0 Problem signature:P1: 144P2: 1004P3: ffff9f84a2ad69a0P4: 0P5: 0P6: 10_0_19045P7: 0_0P8: 768_1P9: P10:...
  4. How to fix laptop brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix laptop brightness: Hello, i have a school laptop and every time i go to turn the brightness down it makes my screen go black. Im not sure how to fix this as in settings there is no option for brightness....
  5. How to fix laptop brightness

How to fix laptop brightness: Hello, i have a school laptop and every time i go to turn the brightness down it makes my screen go black. Im not sure how to fix this as in settings there is no option for brightness....
  6. How do you fix this?

How do you fix this?: EDIT: It's been fixed by updating my network driver.Hi, for some reason none of my network connects are showing up and the only things that are is flight mode mode and network & internet settings see picture below. I've restarted my laptop and my router, but I've had no...
  7. How do you fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you fix this?: EDIT: It's been fixed by updating my network driver.Hi, for some reason none of my network connects are showing up and the only things that are is flight mode mode and network & internet settings see picture below. I've restarted my laptop and my router, but I've had no...
  8. How do you fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix this: This was probably caused by the following module: afd.sys 0xFFFFF8073DE7DF79 Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0xFFFF9D0EF78AAFB8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8073DE7DF79Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
  9. How do I change the brightness?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the brightness?: Why is this is damn difficult? I pull up display settings. No sliders for brightness. Side bar has "have a question? change screen brightness" which brings me to a google help ad. Help ad says just pull up activity center right side of taskbar. I have no activity center. I...
  10. How do you fix this

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you fix this: some of my applications only fill up half of the screen[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-this/fa16cd86-7e63-483c-ba31-7940502bb97b