Windows 10: how do you fix the error: " Always show icons, never thumbnails"

Discus and support how do you fix the error: " Always show icons, never thumbnails" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear My computer also encountered an error :" Always show icons, never thumbnails", just like yours. Please send me how to fix the detailsThank you so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dodangchung, Nov 17, 2019.

1. how do you fix the error: " Always show icons, never thumbnails"

Dear

My computer also encountered an error :" Always show icons, never thumbnails", just like yours. Please send me how to fix the detailsThank you so much.

:)

dodangchung, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Icons and thumbnails not showing

Hi,

It is possible that icons and thumbnails are not showing due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to ask if what troubleshooting steps have you done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and will provide you a remedy.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Hi me15prg9926,

There's a possibility that some folder settings may have changed. It could be set to show icons and not thumbnails. To verify that, please follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab.
    • On the upper-right corner, click Options.
    • On the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if the folder icons are already showing thumbnails.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 17, 2019
  4. how do you fix the error: " Always show icons, never thumbnails"

"Always show icons, never thumbnails" option not available

Hello,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the settings to view the thumbnails on the
    File Explorer of your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or programs that prevent Windows from working properly. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage the
    File Explorer settings and select the Always show icons, never thumbnails option. To do this, you may follow the step below:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and then press
      Enter.
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View
      tab.
    • Under the Advanced settings section, select the Always show icons, never thumbnails option.
    • Click the Apply > OK button to save the changes.
    • Once you’re done, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

how do you fix the error: " Always show icons, never thumbnails"

1. how do you fix the error: " Always show icons, never thumbnails" - Similar Threads - fix error Always

2. how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?: I've unchecked "always show icon not thumbnail" & it didn't help. Need to be able to see thumbnail of photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-an-icon-to-a-thumbnail/30c6b98e-ee30-46d3-8cb0-ccafe7f836b2
  3. how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you change an icon to a thumbnail?: I've unchecked "always show icon not thumbnail" & it didn't help. Need to be able to see thumbnail of photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-an-icon-to-a-thumbnail/30c6b98e-ee30-46d3-8cb0-ccafe7f836b2
  4. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  5. Always show icons, never thumbnails only apply to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always show icons, never thumbnails only apply to folders: How to "always show icons, never thumbnails" only apply to folders, but not filesAdvanced settings only have a option which both apply to files and folders, if i select that, my pictures will only have icons but not thumbnail which i don't want that.I tried to figure it out...
  6. How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?: Normally taskbar thumbnail previews are shown when there's not too many windows open, as seen below: [img] However if there's too many windows, thumbnail previews are no longer shown: [img] Is there a way to always show thumbnail previews, even if I have more than ~15...
  7. Windows 10 missing option "Always show incons never thumbnails"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 missing option "Always show incons never thumbnails": Hi all, in a couple of windows 10 installation with version - 2004 19041.508 - 20H2 19042.630 there's no option "Always show icons, never thumbnails", the checkbox is totally missing. I've tried to do reset folder without success. For example, in my pc with 20H2...
  8. "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option not available

"Always show icons, never thumbnails" option not available: Hi, Originally posted on the Old Technet forum I have tried to solve the issue of no Thumbnails in Explorer. I've done the RED ADD refereed to in this thread....
  9. Always show icons, never thumbnails HELP on Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Always show icons, never thumbnails HELP on Explorer: I spent over 8 years on Linux, grew up with Windows so I'm not a novice but what in the world am I doing wrong? The only folder I wish to show thumbnails is my Picture folder. That's it. All other folders should show icons only. How to I make this happen? submitted by...
  10. Microsoft showing a mountain instead of my picture and 'Always show icons never thumbnails'...

Microsoft showing a mountain instead of my picture and 'Always show icons never thumbnails'...: I need another solution to try besides unchecking the "always show icons never thumbnails" when microsoft is showing the Mountain ICON instead of my photo. The other is already UNCHECKED! I have googled, hit tech sites trying to find a solution but have come up with nothing....