Windows 10: How do you get rid of 2 apps in a W10 start menu tile again?

Discus and support How do you get rid of 2 apps in a W10 start menu tile again? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When you try to rearrange tiles on the start menu, it's way too easy to drop an app into an occupied tile. Bad design I guess. how do you "split" the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by webbrewers3, Oct 18, 2018.

1. How do you get rid of 2 apps in a W10 start menu tile again?

When you try to rearrange tiles on the start menu, it's way too easy to drop an app into an occupied tile. Bad design I guess. how do you "split" the tiles so it's only 1 app per tile?

:)

webbrewers3, Oct 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

How do you get rid of 2 apps in a W10 start menu tile again? [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Oct 18, 2018
  4. CharlesWC Win User

How do you get rid of 2 apps in a W10 start menu tile again?

Frequently used apps in Start menu

Thank you for the information. I followed the instructions (this is Windows 10). The items on the Start menu are:

1. Show More Tiles. It was turned off so I turned it back on.

2. Show App List in Start Menu - ON

3. Show Recently Added Apps - ON

4. Show Most Used Apps - Off but is gray so I cannot do anything with it.

5. Occasionally Show Suggestions in Start - Off

6. Use Full Start Screen - Off

7. Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar - On

Even with turning the Show More Tiles on the Show Most Used Apps is not available. Any suggestions?

CharlesWC, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

How do you get rid of 2 apps in a W10 start menu tile again?

1. How do you get rid of 2 apps in a W10 start menu tile again? - Similar Threads - rid apps W10

2. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  3. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  4. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Customization
    White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again: I've researched many recent threads about this and tried many of the solutions suggested. I get white boxes that show up in the upper left corner of tiles in the start menu. This is a VirtualBox VM running on a Windows 10 host. I have updated everything related to...
  6. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again: I've researched many recent threads about this and tried many of the solutions suggested. I get white boxes that show up in the upper left corner of tiles in the start menu. This is a VirtualBox VM running on a Windows 10 host. I have updated everything related to...
  7. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?: Using Windows 10 ver 1909. As attached, the Start Menu displays a folder called <No Text> which leads to nothing. Nothing like that in All Programs when I navigated there. Then, I did a search on C:, to no avail. Nothing. Google has nothing for me. :-( TIA. 175074
  9. Empty Start Menu After Getting Rid of Tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Empty Start Menu After Getting Rid of Tiles: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zuh3nt5hd6a51.png?width=397&format=png&auto=webp&s=db2791f3d05873b8399f06e366eec8e7d014fb24 submitted by /u/jaaaamis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hp5kno/empty_start_menu_after_getting_rid_of_tiles/
  10. How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you alphabetize the pinned tiles in the Start Menu?: Each time I pin a new program, it shows up at the bottom of the list. Is there a way to alphabetize this list automatically, instead of doing it manually? Thanks 49414