Windows 10: How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it.

Discus and support How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I would also like Cortana off there as well. What a waste of memory. And Edge does not work with any of the programs that we run. Super Frustrating*Mad... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JTC, Dec 17, 2015.

1. JTC
    JTC Win User

How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it.

I would also like Cortana off there as well. What a waste of memory. And Edge does not work with any of the programs that we run. Super Frustrating*Mad

:)

2. How do I get rid of "How do you want to open this" window.

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I very much do not like Windows edge. Microsoft dumbed it out and removed a lot of browser functionality. After digging around I found Internet Explorer 11 and was very happy I did. Problem, even after I set IE 11 as my default
    browser, whenever I click a link in a document such as an email, I get the "How do you want to open this" window. IE is always highlighted and I always click the "Always use this app" box but it keeps coming back, even if I click the very same link again.
    How do I get rid of this popup and/or Windows Edge?

Thank you

GeraldKline, Dec 17, 2015
  3. How do I get rid of "How do you want to open this" window.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

1. Do you have any third party browser installed on your PC?

• If you have any other browsers installed, I suggest you to uninstall those and restart your PC.
    • After restart, set IE as your default browser and check if it works.

Follow the steps to set default browser:

1. In search tab type "default program"

2. Select "set default programs"

3. From the list select IE and at the bottom click on "set as default".

Hope it helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 17, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

Just don't use it/them - or is disk space an issue ? (no way to uninstall IIRC)

rfruth, Dec 17, 2015
  5. JTC
    JTC Win User
    Edge does not work with the programs we use. I wasted a couple hours on that. I see no use for Cortana

Thema:

1. How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it. - Similar Threads - rid Edge uninstall

2. how do i get rid of suprimo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i get rid of suprimo: how do I get rid of suprimo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-suprimo/298d68ea-c23f-4821-a1af-b035af95f63b
  3. How do i get rid of error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i get rid of error: I am having errors of my access administrative settings I isolated error on firewall still only some errors is my system hijacked I still have same labtop error window 32 /...
  4. How do I get rid of Yahoo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of Yahoo?: When I open a new Google Chrome tab, Yahoo opens up. Yahoo is not my default search engine but Google is, why does Yahoo keep showing up instead of Google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-yahoo/a4dd73d0-a88a-44b8-a4ad-c930f1ab83e8
  5. watchtvnow.co how do i get rid of

watchtvnow.co how do i get rid of: how do i get rid of watchtvnow.co windows/pop ups ???????? i have Norton security that might clash with MS Defender...
  6. How do i get rid of notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid of notepad: i need help getting rid of notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-do-i-get-rid-of-notepad/6275bd69-ae67-4313-8bac-e4e25fd6a0ba
  7. How do i get rid of this problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i get rid of this problem?: on my taskbar I try to use the calculator or get mail and keep getting this message. This has just started happening after updates from Microsoft. explorer.ex class not registered....
  8. How Do I Get Rid of SweetPacks

How Do I Get Rid of SweetPacks: Good morning, everyone. I had a major video card failure. But this morning, I opened it up and gave it a good cleaning (long overdue) and it's running as normal. Since the error I got was driver based and the drivers were current (GeForce 760 GTX), I ran a virus scan. AVG...
  9. How do I get rid of Windows.old?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I get rid of Windows.old?: I did a clean install of Windows 10 from a disc I burned at MS website. This morning, while scanning my PC for malware and viruses, it scanned files in c:\Windows.old\. How can that be possible, and how do get rid of it? Thank you, TRS 16754
  10. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of this?: Starting today, this shows up when I navigate throughout folders: [img] I really don't want, or need, to see this in every folder I go. Can anyone help me get rid of this toolbar? 89156