Windows 10: How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it.

Discus and support How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I would also like Cortana off there as well. What a waste of memory. And Edge does not work with any of the programs that we run. Super Frustrating*Mad... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JTC, Dec 17, 2015.

1. JTC
    JTC Win User

How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it.

I would also like Cortana off there as well. What a waste of memory. And Edge does not work with any of the programs that we run. Super Frustrating*Mad

:)

2. How do I get rid of "How do you want to open this" window.

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I very much do not like Windows edge. Microsoft dumbed it out and removed a lot of browser functionality. After digging around I found Internet Explorer 11 and was very happy I did. Problem, even after I set IE 11 as my default
    browser, whenever I click a link in a document such as an email, I get the "How do you want to open this" window. IE is always highlighted and I always click the "Always use this app" box but it keeps coming back, even if I click the very same link again.
    How do I get rid of this popup and/or Windows Edge?

Thank you

GeraldKline, Dec 17, 2015
  3. How do I get rid of "How do you want to open this" window.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

1. Do you have any third party browser installed on your PC?

• If you have any other browsers installed, I suggest you to uninstall those and restart your PC.
    • After restart, set IE as your default browser and check if it works.

Follow the steps to set default browser:

1. In search tab type "default program"

2. Select "set default programs"

3. From the list select IE and at the bottom click on "set as default".

Hope it helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 17, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

Just don't use it/them - or is disk space an issue ? (no way to uninstall IIRC)

rfruth, Dec 17, 2015
  5. JTC
    JTC Win User
    Edge does not work with the programs we use. I wasted a couple hours on that. I see no use for Cortana

Thema:

1. How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it. - Similar Threads - rid Edge uninstall

2. Get rid of "Do you want to open this file"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of "Do you want to open this file"?: Windows 10 10.0.19045.4046 2009, 22H2I have 41 *.URL files in Favorites. One is called vspeed.url and has the URL https://www.verizon.com/speedtest.It is the only one for which a double-click gives the security warning "Do you want to open this file?".I have already:ICACLS...
  3. Get rid of "Do you want to open this file"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of "Do you want to open this file"?: Windows 10 10.0.19045.4046 2009, 22H2I have 41 *.URL files in Favorites. One is called vspeed.url and has the URL https://www.verizon.com/speedtest.It is the only one for which a double-click gives the security warning "Do you want to open this file?".I have already:ICACLS...
  4. Get rid of "Do you want to open this file"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?

in Cortana
    I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?: Cortana has been uninstalled - I have a right side pop-up. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-rid-of-cortana-how-i-do-that/86412021-d161-4646-bf9e-8652ce80b142
  6. How do I get rid of Edge ads in Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of Edge ads in Settings?: [ATTACH] Microsoft keeps playing these mental games, like Facebook, and it's annoying. That blue dot annoys me more than it would a normal person. I left Facebook but unfortunately I can't leave Windows. Poor me. So if anyone knows any way to get rid of this, other than...
  7. How Do I Get Rid Of Epson Uninstall?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Get Rid Of Epson Uninstall?: I went through every possible combination with epson on trying to get my printer to work. I have installed and uninstalled Epson everything except the uninstall removes. This one last piece will not remove. Epson finally told me to talk to Windows. How do I get this one line...
  8. How do I get rid of this uninstall-left-over?

How do I get rid of this uninstall-left-over?: [ATTACH] How do i get rid of this installation-left-over or whatever it is, it is bugging me! I cant uninstall it or modify it... pic1 submitted by /u/whitefx [link] [comments]...
  9. How the hell do you get rid of this

How the hell do you get rid of this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarkAsianRPG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4kwux/how_the_hell_do_you_get_rid_of_this/
  10. How do I get rid of the crappy "apps" that you preloaded in this computer? I want to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of the crappy "apps" that you preloaded in this computer? I want to...: I don't want the stupid impossible to use "apps" you have. I want my old reliable programs that I can use. They have easy to find controls and tools that actually help me get work done. Your stupid photo app has published all my private photos for every one to see. I tried to...