Windows 10: How do you get rid of sign in password in Windows 10

Discus and support How do you get rid of sign in password in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've honestly tried every suggestion I found in Google, and none of of them have worked. Either the suggestions were outdated or they just didn't work... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CamMac1, Feb 24, 2021.

1. CamMac1 Win User

How do you get rid of sign in password in Windows 10

I've honestly tried every suggestion I found in Google, and none of of them have worked. Either the suggestions were outdated or they just didn't work on my system.

Please assist.

Thank you.

:)

CamMac1, Feb 24, 2021
  2. MarttiND Win User

Getting rid of password log-in on Windows 10

I have tried all the above but still I am prompted to enter password when I switch on my computer. Please advise how to get rid of login password when switching on the computer.

MarttiND, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Getting rid of sign in password

Hi,

If you are using the Microsoft account then, there is no option to disable the password from the lock screen. Logging in to Windows 10 requires entering your Microsoft account credentials as
    some of the services and settings require its access.

We suggest that you create a local user account to disable the password from the lock screen. You can also switch to local account and remove the sign in option. To do so, kindly visit this
    link.

If you want to automatically sign in to your account, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key and the R key at the same time.
    • Type netplwiz on the textbox, then press the Enter key.
    • Once the User Accounts window pops up, select the user account that you want to sign in to automatically.
    • Uncheck Users must enter a username and password to use this computer, then click on
      Apply.
    • Enter the password of the requested account.
    • Click on OK.

Note: It is not advisable to remove the password of any of your user accounts for security purposes.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Lizette Ags, Feb 24, 2021
  4. How do you get rid of sign in password in Windows 10

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

How do you get rid of sign in password in Windows 10

1. How do you get rid of sign in password in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - rid sign password

2. How do I get rid of requirement to sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of requirement to sign in?: Bought a MSI PRO DP21 12M mini pc when I thought my lenvo was dead it isn't. The mini came preloaded with Win11Pro. I'm trying to use the MSI to play my extensive music collection which I converted to mp3s about 18 years ago. I've hooked the MSI up to a Vizio TV don't own...
  3. How do I get rid of requirement to sign in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of requirement to sign in?: Bought a MSI PRO DP21 12M mini pc when I thought my lenvo was dead it isn't. The mini came preloaded with Win11Pro. I'm trying to use the MSI to play my extensive music collection which I converted to mp3s about 18 years ago. I've hooked the MSI up to a Vizio TV don't own...
  4. How do you get rid of the underline access keys in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you get rid of the underline access keys in Windows 10?: Hello,It started some time ago when I right click my desktop just to use the context menu. I suddenly noticed these mildly annoying underlines underneath some words. It magically appeared out of nowhere as I remembered. I checked my settings, control panel and the regedit in...
  5. How do you get rid of the underline access keys in Windows 10?

How do you get rid of the underline access keys in Windows 10?: Hello,It started some time ago when I right click my desktop just to use the context menu. I suddenly noticed these mildly annoying underlines underneath some words. It magically appeared out of nowhere as I remembered. I checked my settings, control panel and the regedit in...
  6. How do you get rid of error 0xc190011f?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you get rid of error 0xc190011f?: I am currently running Windows 11 DEV channel, windows insider program version 22H2 OS build 25217.1010 and when I try to update to Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.25227.1010 rs_prerelease, it just says Install error - 0xc190011f" and nothing else! Please help!...
  7. How do you get rid of error 0xc190011f?

How do you get rid of error 0xc190011f?: I am currently running Windows 11 DEV channel, windows insider program version 22H2 OS build 25217.1010 and when I try to update to Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.25227.1010 rs_prerelease, it just says Install error - 0xc190011f" and nothing else! Please help!...
  8. how do i get rid of this sign in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i get rid of this sign in: Please can someone tell me how to get rid of the sign in process when i start up windows 10 submitted by /u/FranRha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhbhcu/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_sign_in/
  9. How the hell do you get rid of this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How the hell do you get rid of this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarkAsianRPG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4kwux/how_the_hell_do_you_get_rid_of_this/
  10. How do I get rid of Windows 10, WHY did you do this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get rid of Windows 10, WHY did you do this?: This has to be the worst upgrade I have ever done. Nothing but problems with other programs, lagging, taking up too much space, security (yea right)! Can we please go back to Windows 7 and say lesson learned?...