Windows 10: How do you get the original Windows 10 font back?

Discus and support How do you get the original Windows 10 font back? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello reader, I have stupidly installed a font that is difficult to read and is pretty ugly, I have no idea what it is called and I can't seem to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Katy Harbachova, Dec 16, 2019.

1. How do you get the original Windows 10 font back?

Hello reader,

I have stupidly installed a font that is difficult to read and is pretty ugly, I have no idea what it is called and I can't seem to get segoe ui back, the original font of Windows 10. Every time I try to view installed fonts it always shows me every single font there is available on windows 10 and I haven't installed all of those and I have no idea where they came from but they are there. Could someone please help me get back the font I need.

Thanks, Katy H.

:)

Katy Harbachova, Dec 16, 2019
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Download Windows 10 Font Pack

Thanks for the info but it's not the solution to what I need. It does not include the complete list of fonts originally included in windows 10. In addition to the fact that as it is mentioned in it at the time you restore the system, you will for certain
    lose other information that is unnecessary to delete and could be hard to restore. In previous editions there is a downloadable package with all the fonts which allows you to fix fonts problems without messing around with other configurations. If you follow
    the steps suggested you need to restore corel, acrobat, illustrator, among other programs since each one of them have some unique fonts.

Marco A.Garrido - Live, Dec 16, 2019
  4. How do you get the original Windows 10 font back?

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

How do you get the original Windows 10 font back?

1. How do you get the original Windows 10 font back? - Similar Threads - original font

2. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  3. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  4. my fonts has changed, how to get the original font? Also tried going to control pantel and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    my fonts has changed, how to get the original font? Also tried going to control pantel and...: [IMG]After updating to the lastest windows, my fonts has changed, I've shared a photo, how to get the original font? Also tried going to control pantel and restoring default font setting, didn't work...
  5. I randomly had a new "font" and don't know how to get the original back.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I randomly had a new "font" and don't know how to get the original back.: So one day I booted on my PC and realised the font looked kinda weird, but ignored it because it didn't really matter. But now I started grinding WTTG again, and I realised how bad it was because the "e" was misplaced to the right and would fuze with other letters and much...
  6. So I wanna know how to get my font color for files on my desktop back to the original color...

So I wanna know how to get my font color for files on my desktop back to the original color...: So one day I let my friend borrow my computer, and he screwed with all the settings and he managed to change the font color on my desktop to a weird looking black, I would like to know how to get it back to the original color it was The original color was white with a black...
  7. Is this the default windows 10 font? my font changed and I'm trying to get the original. If...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this the default windows 10 font? my font changed and I'm trying to get the original. If...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sean_Owe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8igba/is_this_the_default_windows_10_font_my_font/
  8. How do I change the font back to the original setting in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the font back to the original setting in Windows 10?: how do I change the font back to original setting in windows 10? I was typing a form on the internet so I could print it and some how the font went very small....
  9. Reset to original Fonts

Reset to original Fonts: I have Windows 10 I've added new fonts to my Fonts folder under Windows. How can I reset the fonts in this folder to just the originals that came with my computer? OS (D:) > Windows > Fonts > I have also added new fonts under OS (C:) >Users > Cindy > Fonts > Thanks for...
  10. How to reverse font size to original font in Windows 10?

How to reverse font size to original font in Windows 10?: I changed my font to segoe and didn't like it. How can I reverse the change? I tried going to control panel and clicking "restore default font" and it didn't work. Thank you!...