Windows 10: How do you get the scanner working in the Canon MG6820 all in one printer?

Discus and support How do you get the scanner working in the Canon MG6820 all in one printer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Installed the drivers for the Canon MG6800 all in one printer. Would like to know how to get the scanner working. It does not show up separately in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheCanco's, Nov 16, 2018.

1. How do you get the scanner working in the Canon MG6820 all in one printer?

Installed the drivers for the Canon MG6800 all in one printer. Would like to know how to get the scanner working. It does not show up separately in the settings of Windows 10.

:)

TheCanco's, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

Canon MG6820 PIXMA

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

Method 1: I suggest you to refer the following article to check if your device is compatible with Windows 10.

Windows Compatibility

Method 2: If the device is not compatible with Windows 10, you may try to install latest printer driver in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/...rs/crafting-printers/pixma-mg6820?tab=drivers

To install printer driver
    in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Right-click on the setup file of the
    printer driver and select “Properties”.

b. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

c. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

d. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Canon MX860 scanner not working

I recently installed Windows 10 and like it but the problem is my printer/scanner will not scan to my computer. I have tried various things even contacted Canon. They do not plan on updated the Canon MX860 printer/scanner. Any suggestions I downloaded
    the Windows Scan app it works, it sends them to the computer but I can't print the sheet out, .

CandyK1957, Nov 16, 2018
  4. How do you get the scanner working in the Canon MG6820 all in one printer?

Canon MG6820 PIXMA

THANKS FOR INFO BUT WANT TO GIVE YOU & ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS QUESTION.....WENT TO CANON WEBSITE SUGGESTED & WAS SURPRISED THAT MY PRINTER WAS NOT LISTED FOR WINDOWS 8, 8.1 OR 10 & IT CLEARLY STATED ON BOX PRINTER WAS IN THAT PRINTER WAS COMPATABLE WITH 8.1,
    SO I EMAILED THEM TELLING THEM MY DISCOVERY & ALSO ASKING IF IT WOULD WORK WITH WINDOWS 10. GOT ANSWER TELLING THAT INDEED IT WOULD WORK WITH 10, IF I MAY HAVE UNINSTALL & THEN REINSTALLS USING CD THAT CAME WITH IT. THOUGHT THIS MAY BE HELPFUL FOR OTHERS.

THANKS AGAIN

woodstock3rd+43, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

How do you get the scanner working in the Canon MG6820 all in one printer?

1. How do you get the scanner working in the Canon MG6820 all in one printer? - Similar Threads - scanner working Canon

2. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?: Scanner function on my all in one printer scanner is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-scanner-on-the-all-in-one/f668600c-1ea0-452a-966b-ae880d535502
  3. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?: Scanner function on my all in one printer scanner is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-scanner-on-the-all-in-one/f668600c-1ea0-452a-966b-ae880d535502
  4. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  5. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  6. Scanner function in all in one printer

Scanner function in all in one printer: Cannot scan - printer cannot find cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-function-in-all-in-one-printer/f0eed41e-470a-4587-bbfd-d094e8828af9
  7. My canon scanner/printer stopped working

My canon scanner/printer stopped working: My Canon MG6220 Printer /scanner stopped working after windows update. Helpppp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-scannerprinter-stopped-working/aac933d7-f3ce-4f96-ba4a-2000b6695490
  8. Canon MX430 printer installed but scanner not working

Canon MX430 printer installed but scanner not working: The Canon all in one prints fine but nothing happens when I try to scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mx430-printer-installed-but-scanner-not/5a7f43a8-3327-4adf-b3cb-e42ab384708f
  9. All in One printer /scanner

All in One printer /scanner: Ihave an Epson All in One printer scanner that is installed on my pc correctly and i am able to print anything just fine . However Windows is not recognising my scanner at all . Any suggestions ?...
  10. Printing postcards on Canon MG6820

Printing postcards on Canon MG6820: I have a Canon MG6820 and Windows 10. I am trying to print postcards (4 postcards to a sheet of letter size paper) that I had already created prior to this printer. They were created using Microsoft Home Publishing 2000. Every time I try to print these, I have to go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show how a scanner works on a canon MG6820